South Warren vs Hopkinsville 8/10 Scrimmage

We all know you cannot take much from scrimmages but this one was surprising. 

The final score after two quarters of varsity play was 19-7 Hopkinsville which included a Hopkinsville defensive touchdown and a short field because of an errant punt snap by SW that led to another Hopkinsville TD. 

South Warren QB  is really good and they are physical up front but Hopkinsville held their own despite being undersized. 

South Warren will play North Hardin in the season opener while Hopkinsville will tackle Greenwood. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

We all know you cannot take much from scrimmages but this one was surprising. 

The final score after two quarters of varsity play was 19-7 Hopkinsville which included a Hopkinsville defensive touchdown and a short field because of an errant punt snap by SW that led to another Hopkinsville TD. 

South Warren QB  is really good and they are physical up front but Hopkinsville held their own despite being undersized. 

South Warren will play North Hardin in the season opener while Hopkinsville will tackle Greenwood. 

I am not surprised by that score at all actually.  I agree that Bryce Button is a solid QB, but if anything happens to him, South Warren will be in a good deal of trouble.  Even with a healthy Bryce Button, I would not be surprised to see them have another .500 year.

5 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I am not surprised by that score at all actually.  I agree that Bryce Button is a solid QB, but if anything happens to him, South Warren will be in a good deal of trouble.  Even with a healthy Bryce Button, I would not be surprised to see them have another .500 year.

What’s going on at South Warren? 

1 minute ago, Devils Fan said:

What’s going on at South Warren? 

They still have a quality coaching staff and I don't necessarily think it's anything they're doing, but I think the talent pool in Bowling Green is flipping a bit.  You see Greenwood, Warren East and Bowling Green all on the upswing so that talent had to come from somewhere.  I think it will flip again in a few years and it'll just be the new norm.

• Like 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to South Warren vs Hopkinsville 8/10 Scrimmage