Multiple Casualties After Black Hawk Helicopter Crash In Kentucky

Tones

https://www.lex18.com/news/multiple-fatalities-possible-after-two-black-helicopters-crash-in-kentucky

2 Black Hawks crashed last night in Trigg Co. near Ft. Campbell. It appears to be an accident during a training exercise. Maybe it is just that I have never paid attention in the past, but I do not remember any stories of helicopter crashes during training exercises in Kentucky. Prayers to all those involved and their loved ones.

Well that's terrible to read this morning.  Seems like a lot more accidents have been happening lately.  Not sure if training exercises are increasing due to what lies ahead or if it's something else.  Either way it's not good.  Prayers to those families, awful thing to wake up to.  

6 hours ago, Tones said:

https://www.lex18.com/news/multiple-fatalities-possible-after-two-black-helicopters-crash-in-kentucky

2 Black Hawks crashed last night in Trigg Co. near Ft. Campbell. It appears to be an accident during a training exercise. Maybe it is just that I have never paid attention in the past, but I do not remember any stories of helicopter crashes during training exercises in Kentucky. Prayers to all those involved and their loved ones.

In 2015 and 2018, 2 soldiers were killed each time near Fort Campbell in other helicopter crashes.  In 2017, 4 were injured in yet another crash.  The most tragic accident involving Fort Campbell personnel occurred in 1985 when a plane carrying about 250 members of the 101st Airborne Division crashed in Canada on its way back to KY from Egypt.  That is still on record as the worst aviation accident in Canadian history.