Ballard 70 Doss 53

Ballard is by far the best team in the city. Their pressure defense is outstanding. I would love to see thier stats of how many transition points they get a game. It seems like all their points are off steals that turn into layups. My money is on Ballard to take the 7th region and head to Rupp this year.

Anyone else think the LIT was a little down this year? The attendence for the finals were horrible. No really great games. Other than the Male-WC and Doss-WC games, no other games were really close. The out of state teams that came, and nothing against them, but weren't the best in the state. This tournament used to be one of the best in the state every year.

Anyone else think the LIT was a little down this year? The attendence for the finals were horrible. No really great games. Other than the Male-WC and Doss-WC games, no other games were really close. The out of state teams that came, and nothing against them, but weren't the best in the state. This tournament used to be one of the best in the state every year.

I can't say there was good attendance any of the three times that I've been to the LIT. That may have been just because I was there for the Warren Central games and since we don't travel well and the Louisville teams always seemed disinterested, no attendance.

As for the out of state teams (which I take it to mean the out of Louisville teams), there are a few I would have considered an upgrade. The likes of Scott County, Mason County, etc. would've been nice I suppose. Would you have replaced all four state teams?

Male beat us by 2...

...congrats Ballard, I too feel that you are the class of Jefferson County, I just hope that we can slow the pace enough for the Rocks to make it a tossup.

I can't say there was good attendance any of the three times that I've been to the LIT. That may have been just because I was there for the Warren Central games and since we don't travel well and the Louisville teams always seemed disinterested, no attendance.

As for the out of state teams (which I take it to mean the out of Louisville !teams), there are a few I would have considered an upgrade. The likes of Scott County, Mason County, etc. would've been nice I suppose. Would you have replaced all four state teams?

That is sad ........... Louisville team is great but no attendance !!!!

As for the out of state teams (which I take it to mean the out of Louisville teams), there are a few I would have considered an upgrade. The likes of Scott County, Mason County, etc. would've been nice I suppose. Would you have replaced all four state teams?

Warren Central is one of the best teams in the state ... they clearly belonged in the LIT, as did Bryan Station. Elizabethtown was there because of Pettigrew and I assume Caldwell County got the invite because of Fraliex.

It's my understanding that Scott County has declined more than one invitation over the years. I'm guessing Mason was extended one, too.

Ballard is by far the best team in the city. Their pressure defense is outstanding. I would love to see thier stats of how many transition points they get a game. It seems like all their points are off steals that turn into layups. My money is on Ballard to take the 7th region and head to Rupp this year.
Male was every bit Ballard's equal, at least before Heyman went down.

Male was every bit Ballard's equal, at least before Heyman went down.

That is pretty far fetched. I have seen Male play about 4 times this year with Heyman. They were not and for sure now are not close to Ballard. Ballard beats you up and down the court the whole game. They have so many weapons that they beat you with. Very talented and well coached team.

Doss was the suprise of the tourney by knocking off J'Town and Warren Central. The Brooks kid is the real deal.

That is pretty far fetched. I have seen Male play about 4 times this year with Heyman. They were not and for sure now are not close to Ballard.
They were in the King of the Bluegrass finals ... lost by six after leading at the end of the third quarter.

They were in the King of the Bluegrass finals ... lost by six after leading at the end of the third quarter.

Thats why they play 4 quarters and not just 3!!!

They also won the 5/3rd tourney. I think Male is a very strong team, but with the loss of Heyman they clearly cannot matchup with Ballard. I think J'Town is the only one NOW in the 7th region that can give them a game. I guess thats why you play the game night in and night out. Ballard is bound to get cold one night..... Or are they????

Thats why they play 4 quarters and not just 3!!!

They also won the 5/3rd tourney. I think Male is a very strong team, but with the loss of Heyman they clearly cannot matchup with Ballard. I think J'Town is the only one NOW in the 7th region that can give them a game. I guess thats why you play the game night in and night out. Ballard is bound to get cold one night..... Or are they????

Again ... I didn't say Male was Ballard's equal now, but they were before Heyman's injury.