Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Officials

Featured Replies

I have always heard from many different people acrossed the state that the BBA (10th and 11th Region official association) was the best in the state. Well, if that is the case this season then we should let the coaches call the state tournament because I have yet to watch a game, boys or girls, where I would say it was a good officiated game. I watched two guys tonight who I feel should be arrested for impersonating a referee.

 

I witnessed a game a few weeks ago where a referee told the shooter 2 shots when it was a 1 and 1.. Shooter misses the defensive team rebounds and has a 3 on 1 Fast break and he blows the whistle to stop the break (Mind you the game was in the 4th with seconds remaining... Defensive team down 1 or 2). The team that got the rebound then has to take it out and go length of floor.. Dont penalize the players because the refs dont have their head in the game..

 

What does everyone else think?

I have always heard from many different people acrossed the state that the BBA (10th and 11th Region official association) was the best in the state. Well, if that is the case this season then we should let the coaches call the state tournament because I have yet to watch a game, boys or girls, where I would say it was a good officiated game. I watched two guys tonight who I feel should be arrested for impersonating a referee.

 

I witnessed a game a few weeks ago where a referee told the shooter 2 shots when it was a 1 and 1.. Shooter misses the defensive team rebounds and has a 3 on 1 Fast break and he blows the whistle to stop the break (Mind you the game was in the 4th with seconds remaining... Defensive team down 1 or 2). The team that got the rebound then has to take it out and go length of floor.. Dont penalize the players because the refs dont have their head in the game..

 

What does everyone else think?

 

I think that maybe you should apply to be a referee. I have refereed middle school basketball and called some high school baseball games and it isn't as easy as what it looks. I think the 10th has the best in the state and I for one will stick to coaching!

I have always heard from many different people acrossed the state that the BBA (10th and 11th Region official association) was the best in the state. Well, if that is the case this season then we should let the coaches call the state tournament because I have yet to watch a game, boys or girls, where I would say it was a good officiated game. I watched two guys tonight who I feel should be arrested for impersonating a referee.

 

I witnessed a game a few weeks ago where a referee told the shooter 2 shots when it was a 1 and 1.. Shooter misses the defensive team rebounds and has a 3 on 1 Fast break and he blows the whistle to stop the break (Mind you the game was in the 4th with seconds remaining... Defensive team down 1 or 2). The team that got the rebound then has to take it out and go length of floor.. Dont penalize the players because the refs dont have their head in the game..

 

What does everyone else think?

 

I suppose you never make a mistake at your job either? OVer the course of a season, some officials do 45-75 basketball games. There are about 120 playing days in a basketball season (providing the official also does college ball). When I was on the hardwood, I strived to get 90-95% of my callsright on any given night. Sometimes I would get 99% right...sometimes 85%. Some of that statistic may have to do with the table crew (clock not starting, misinforming the officials of the foul totals, ect), so do not be so quick to say that it was the officials fault. They also have to communicate among themselves, which from my experience, is a hit or miss proposition. There were some officials that just don't have the communication skills to be effective.

 

Oh, and the officials were correct in stopping play if they have knowledge they did not award a merited free throw....it is called a correctable error!

 

By the way, which game were you referring to? Just curious as to where you see the majority of your games?

 

:ylsuper:

Correctable error - Correct.

I suppose you never make a mistake at your job either? OVer the course of a season, some officials do 45-75 basketball games. There are about 120 playing days in a basketball season (providing the official also does college ball). When I was on the hardwood, I strived to get 90-95% of my callsright on any given night. Sometimes I would get 99% right...sometimes 85%. Some of that statistic may have to do with the table crew (clock not starting, misinforming the officials of the foul totals, ect), so do not be so quick to say that it was the officials fault. They also have to communicate among themselves, which from my experience, is a hit or miss proposition. There were some officials that just don't have the communication skills to be effective.

 

Oh, and the officials were correct in stopping play if they have knowledge they did not award a merited free throw....it is called a correctable error!

 

By the way, which game were you referring to? Just curious as to where you see the majority of your games?

 

:ylsuper:

Here we go....

Here we go....

Referees are like umpires in baseball and softball, Its never the players or coaches falt It isnt the Referess falt that you missed the freee throw . it isnt the referees falt that you didnt get in position to get a charge instead of a blocking call. the referees do there best , I have seen some bad callls in the pros and college games, After all they are human.

I have always heard from many different people acrossed the state that the BBA (10th and 11th Region official association) was the best in the state. Well, if that is the case this season then we should let the coaches call the state tournament because I have yet to watch a game, boys or girls, where I would say it was a good officiated game. I watched two guys tonight who I feel should be arrested for impersonating a referee.

 

I witnessed a game a few weeks ago where a referee told the shooter 2 shots when it was a 1 and 1.. Shooter misses the defensive team rebounds and has a 3 on 1 Fast break and he blows the whistle to stop the break (Mind you the game was in the 4th with seconds remaining... Defensive team down 1 or 2). The team that got the rebound then has to take it out and go length of floor.. Dont penalize the players because the refs dont have their head in the game..

 

What does everyone else think?

 

You asked what everyone else thinks, so I think that you should stay "behind bars", as your location states, and keep your awful opinions to yourself! At the very least, be a little bit more objective!

 

That would also be very appropriate for some of the comments in the "Girls Basketball" forum and the thread about officiating there.

  • Author
Referees are like umpires in baseball and softball, Its never the players or coaches falt It isnt the Referess falt that you missed the freee throw . it isnt the referees falt that you didnt get in position to get a charge instead of a blocking call. the referees do there best , I have seen some bad callls in the pros and college games, After all they are human.

 

 

Use SPELL CHECK so we can understand your posts!!

FALT???????? you mean Fault

 

I never blamed a game on an official, I just said sometimes there heards arent in the game! Show me where I stated that the Refs lost the game for a team!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.