Reds send Farmer to the Twins

The Raven

On 11/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, The Raven said:

For another minor league arm. Farmer is 32 and is probably at the top of his potential. Let's hope the young pitcher turns into something.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/I'd/35056190/twins-acquire-shortstop-kyle-farmer-trade-reds

Even if he doesn't, this was the correct move.  They need to see if Barrero, Steer and McClain are going to be part of their long term plans.  They don't need a 32 year old utility infielder that is a below average hitter and defender taking up the at bats that those young guys need.  They can use the money that Farmer would have gotten in arbitration to help lock up one of their young pitchers through their arbitration years. 

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Even if he doesn't, this was the correct move.  They need to see if Barrero, Steer and McClain are going to be part of their long term plans.  They don't need a 32 year old utility infielder that is a below average hitter and defender taking up the at bats that those young guys need.  They can use the money that Farmer would have gotten in arbitration to help lock up one of their young pitchers through their arbitration years. 

I understand what you're saying and I'm not saying that I don't agree.  But on the other hand, it will help ensure another 100 plus loss season.

Why doesn't some true baseball people come along and buy this team?