Class 1A, District 5 - Not the biggest or best, but certainly the most competitive

Mustang

These are the scores of the Class 1A district seeding games played recently. 

Bishop Brossart 17, Nicholas Co. 15

Paris 47, Nicholas 40

Paris 14, Bracken Co. 8

Brossart 7, Bracken 6

Brossart 38, Paris 13

Bracken 14, Nicholas 13

This has to be the most competitive district in the state in any class.  Only Brossart's win over Paris was lopsided, however, Paris probably came in as the favorite to win that game.    Pity Nicholas County who came into the district play 6-0 and co-favored with Paris to become district champs.  They lost three games by a total of 10 points, are suddenly 6-3, become the district's Number Four seed and the prize behind Door Number 2 is a bus ride to Raceland.

Brossart was not in the conversation coming into the district seeding matches.  yet eek out wins over Nicholas County and Bracken County, and soundly defeat Paris to win the Number One seed, earning us a pair of home games should we defeat Fairview on November 4th.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really loved the competitiveness this district has shown this year. Either of these teams could of taking that 1 spot this season. I do however think this district is better than some think. So I’ve got my eye on these teams come playoff time.

22 hours ago, 9068 said:

Very even district. The real problem is that Raceland is a very good Class A team, the best in the Region and a legitimate contender for a state championship.

I agree.  But, it is pretty darn nice to a district that all four teams are that competitive with each other.  That makes for interesting district matchups.