Whitley County 54 South Laurel 53

My understanding is that it will be a coin toss!

Someone told me(don't know if they know what they are talking about or not)that the #1 seed would be determined by who won the most quarters in each of the games.

The 50th district sure appears to be the strongest district in the region from top to bottom in all of the girl's sports. Williamsburg could win the 51st if they were in it, but have not even been competitive in a game in the 50th. Maybe they need some better connections in the KHSAA.:sssh:

I attended the game lastnight and it was another heartbreaker (just like the Corbin game).I dont get to make it to all the games but from reading the stats in the newspapers South needs to get contributions from all of the starting players , not just 2 or 3 a night. Some of the starters are only averaging 2 to 4 points per game. Dean and Clark sure step up when they are called on.South needs to quit letting the big leads slip away. I hope South can pull it out against Corbin.Good Luck girls!!!

I attended the game lastnight and it was another heartbreaker (just like the Corbin game).I dont get to make it to all the games but from reading the stats in the newspapers South needs to get contributions from all of the starting players , not just 2 or 3 a night. Some of the starters are only averaging 2 to 4 points per game. Dean and Clark sure step up when they are called on.South needs to quit letting the big leads slip away. I hope South can pull it out against Corbin.Good Luck girls!!!

The more Dean plays the worse the lady cards are. I wil agree with you about Clark. She is a tremendous athlete. The Sizemore girl does a good job running the show but needs to look to score more.

I couldn't disagree more with the bolded part.

I did not mean to say that the Dean girl is bad only that she is a drop off from Sizemore,who is the best point guard in the district. A lot of coaches in this area would love to have Dean as their backup 1 guard. I heard that South's big girl has reinjured her knee. I hate to hear that any player is hurt. Justice and Clark should step in and play big for the Lady Cards.

I totally agree with Jim Schue!!I believe that Dean has the speed and quickness that the Lady Cardinals need to win the region. Sizemore is a good player but not the best in the district. Take a look at the scoring for the other point guards in the district. A point guard should see the floor and the open players and I saw several of the girls post up at Whitley and didnt get the ball.I think it would have helped if they had put Dean in the 2nd half. I also think that the silly turnovers(walks,etc.) continue to hurt them.

I am behind the Ladies 100%,I dont care who plays but if they are not playing well take all of them out, I would just like to see them get back to the State Tourney.