Gallatin vs Owen Preview

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Rebuttle True Blue. I 100% agree with you. Neely is a great player but without the rest of his team he wouldn't be much. Olballcoach i think your over your head about Gallatin. We'll see how the game goes.

If you think Owen has more then one player that could even break the top 9 for Gallatin outside Neely you know nothing about bball or are just an Owen Co. homer. Owen won the first game, and Gallatin did not show up period.

I am always confused by this type of statement. Neeley is an awesome player, but he is part of a team. Yes, take him away and the team would not be as good, but don't all teams have players that that can be said about? Good examples for Gallatin include Edmonson (Gallatin is undefeated with him, I believe) or Perkins. It seems like that the argument is "Well, Owen is only good and winning games because of Neeley." Ummm, yes, good players make teams better...the best teams contain many of those players. This is where I believe that Gallatin has the advantage. They have greater depth than Owen. But Owen should not be looked down upon as a team just because they have an extremely talented player.

If you think Owen has more then one player that could even break the top 9 for Gallatin outside Neely you know nothing about bball or are just an Owen Co. homer. Owen won the first game, and Gallatin did not show up period.

Great teams ALWAYS "show up".

As an FYI - I am both pro-Gallatin and pro-Owen, except when they are playing Trimble. :D

I am always confused by this type of statement. Neeley is an awesome player, but he is part of a team. Yes, take him away and the team would not be as good, but don't all teams have players that that can be said about? Good examples for Gallatin include Edmonson (Gallatin is undefeated with him, I believe) or Perkins. It seems like that the argument is "Well, Owen is only good and winning games because of Neeley." Ummm, yes, good players make teams better...the best teams contain many of those players. This is where I believe that Gallatin has the advantage. They have greater depth than Owen. But Owen should not be looked down upon as a team just because they have an extremely talented player.

I think they fair pretty well without Nate last year

I think they fair pretty well without Nate last year

At this point last year, Gallatin was 9-4, with their highest scoring game as a 68-60 win over Williamstown, with a margin of victory for the wins as 7.1.

This year, Gallatin is 13-2, with their highest scoring game as a 105-59 win over Trimble (w/o Edmonson), with a margin of victory for the wins as 17.1.

At this point last year, Gallatin was 9-4, with their highest scoring game as a 68-60 win over Williamstown, with a margin of victory for the wins as 7.1.

This year, Gallatin is 13-2, with their highest scoring game as a 105-59 win over Trimble (w/o Edmonson), with a margin of victory for the wins as 17.1.

Distric champs, all A region champs.

Distric champs, all A region champs.

Yes, and we are yet to see if those will be repeats. If I was a betting person, I would put money on both (well, actually, I could never bet against my own team, regardless). I might be tempted to put money on them "making some noise" in the regional tournament as well, but I would have to see how they are playing at that time.

IMO, Gallatin's depth is the difference betweeen these two teams. Owen has a very nice team but can't hold up to the depth of Gallatin when Coach Jones runs his players in and out as he did Dec. 23. Owen can beat Gallatin when Gallatin doesn't use their bench ie Dec 12.

Not only was Carlton out the first meeting, Edmondson was not playing yet. Two young men who have several starts under thier belts. When Giles, Maddox,T. Jones, Davis and the young Jones boy get 2-3 min. per quarter the pressure defence the cats use is nerve racking. Also their best offence has been feeding off the defence.