Green County 36 Campbellsville 7

GC-Dragons

Green County with a dominating win tonight. Outside of the Dragons having somewhere around 10-15 penalties and at least 7-8 holding calls, they played great football. 

The Dragons pressured QB Eastridge all night and Houchens had at least 4 sacks himself and numerous tackles for loss. He also ran for over 100 yards and just had a dominating performance. Seymour played great as well along with playing smothering coverage on weathers all night long, but the game ball tonight goes to Logan Slinker with four touchdown catches and easily 130 yards receiving. 

Campbellsville has some nice athletes, but Green County matched them across the board with speed and controlled the line of scrimmage and had pressure the entire night. I think Canpbellsville will cause some Issues for teams down the road, they have a really young and talented team. Great win for the Dragons who wait for Warren Central to roll into town for what should be a great and tough game for the Dragons again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's was an amazing game. Houchens showed why everyone is talking about him when we come to town. Slinker had an amazing game. Best game of his career. If he continues to improve he is gonna be hard to handle. Seymour had around 70 yards but was on weather assignment on deffense. Green defense look 50% better. Rumor mill was true Green has new Defensive play caller.  I don't think this team has yet peaked to full potential. Excited to see what comes of this team.

• Like 1

Green has really come on in the last three weeks. Before the year started I believed the Dragons would take some lumps along the way, as they have a ton of guys playing new positions, and a bunch of youngsters starting. They took some hits but have gotten steadily better as the year has gone on and look better each week. If they keep getting better each week, they are going to be a tough out for anyone. The Dragons can throw the football this year and it’s changed the dynamic for them moving the ball. 

I hope to see the Green Dragons carry that momentum into this week with Warren Central, who could beat Green if they don’t come to play or have an off game. Central has really gotten better and I expect them to be a tough game for us. 

3 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

Green has really come on in the last three weeks. Before the year started I believed the Dragons would take some lumps along the way, as they have a ton of guys playing new positions, and a bunch of youngsters starting. They took some hits but have gotten steadily better as the year has gone on and look better each week. If they keep getting better each week, they are going to be a tough out for anyone. The Dragons can throw the football this year and it’s changed the dynamic for them moving the ball. 

I hope to see the Green Dragons carry that momentum into this week with Warren Central, who could beat Green if they don’t come to play or have an off game. Central has really gotten better and I expect them to be a tough game for us. 

Central offense is somewhat like campbellsville. They have a play maker that has been used to make majority of there plays. There wideout and there QB. If Greens deffense shows up like Friday night I can see the same results with green lopsided win.