Scott at Woodford County (Scrimmage)

Brcatz

• theguru changed the title to Scott at Woodford County (Scrimmage)
1 minute ago, BrosefStalin said:

If my math is correct, that's 49-0 the Eagles have lost the last weeks on varsity. I heard there were some injuries, but is there more to the early struggles? What's going on in Taylor Mill?

I would say 2 pretty tough scrimmages against bigger schools will equal better regular season results.  5-6 new coaches. New defense and coach, new players and a few early injuries.  

1 hour ago, Brcatz said:

I would say 2 pretty tough scrimmages against bigger schools will equal better regular season results.  5-6 new coaches. New defense and coach, new players and a few early injuries.  

They might have a tough season I heard Holmes looks real good.

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

If my math is correct, that's 49-0 the Eagles have lost the last weeks on varsity. I heard there were some injuries, but is there more to the early struggles? What's going on in Taylor Mill?

I think sounds like it was a good showing against a good 5a team. Woodford was a state semi finalist and beat Cov Cath last year. I’d say this is a step in the right direction. They’ve also been dealing with practice disruptions due to construction that’s been going on on campus all summer. If they can stay healthy, they’ll be in the mix again to win their district.

Final 7-6. Woodford JV.  Final.  
Scott scores first on a bomb pass down middle and then goes for two and hits pylon but is called no good.   Woodford comes back and scores next with a pass also.   

12 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I think sounds like it was a good showing against a good 5a team. Woodford was a state semi finalist and beat Cov Cath last year. I’d say this is a step in the right direction. They’ve also been dealing with practice disruptions due to construction that’s been going on on campus all summer. If they can stay healthy, they’ll be in the mix again to win their district.

Good to hear. I've always had a lot of admiration for Coach Turner for what he's accomplished over the years. The way he coached up some of those Lloyd teams at the end of his tenure in Erlanger was very impressive. My guess is based on what I know of Turner and some of these experienced Eagles kids is this is a team that could be a serious dark horse this season and really surprise some people.

Will be rooting for the Eagles and those kids this year. If you ever wanted to see an example of great people creating a textbook football pipeline/community, you should check out what those with Scott, Woodland and the Taylor Mill Eagles have done. Pretty cool to see in action and not easy to do. Tip of the cap to all of those folks.

Go Eagles!