ESPN E:60 - Red Wings/Avalanche

Just watched a two hour ESPN E:60 episode about the Red Wings/Avalanche NHL rivalry in the 1990s. Fantastic television. I highly recommend you search through wherever you get ESPN and watch it. Lots of hockey, intensity, and good memories from back then. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Just watched a two hour ESPN E:60 episode about the Red Wings/Avalanche NHL rivalry in the 1990s. Fantastic television. I highly recommend you search through wherever you get ESPN and watch it. Lots of hockey, intensity, and good memories from back then. 

Is ESPN showing reruns of it?

I have this recorded but have yet to watch it. My first cousin's husband was the team photographer for the Red Wings when this rivalry was at its peak. Not sure to what extent, but he was apparently featured in the E:60 program.

Fun fact. Most know when a team wins the Stanley Cup (coolest trophy in sports), it rotates amongst the winning team the year thereafter. Apparently this extends to not just players, but other support staff of the organization. In short, my cousin's family got to keep the Stanley Cup for however long you get it for. Talk about a cool Christmas photo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I have this recorded but have yet to watch it. My first cousin's husband was the team photographer for the Red Wings when this rivalry was at its peak. Not sure to what extent, but he was apparently featured in the E:60 program.

Fun fact. Most know when a team wins the Stanley Cup (coolest trophy in sports), it rotates amongst the winning team the year thereafter. Apparently this extends to not just players, but other support staff of the organization. In short, my cousin's family got to keep the Stanley Cup for however long you get it for. Talk about a cool Christmas photo!

He has a couple of big roles. He found himself in some unique situations, especially between coaches of the two teams. You’ll enjoy it!

Watched the first 30 minutes last night and I'm all in. I watched a decent amount of hockey in the '90s, obviously rooting for the Red Wings because of my connection.

You forget how much of a goon Claude Lemiuex was.

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Watched the first 30 minutes last night and I'm all in. I watched a decent amount of hockey in the '90s, obviously rooting for the Red Wings because of my connection.

I was surprised at how many games I immediately remembered their first names when you'd see the last name on the jersey. Those two teams (especially Detroit) had so many top-tier players.

14 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I was surprised at how many games I immediately remembered their first names when you'd see the last name on the jersey. Those two teams (especially Detroit) had so many top-tier players.

They were stacked. However, Colorado had the great equalizer in Patrick Roy, which he oddly wasn't mentioned the first half hour of the program. That's like watching a documentary of the Big Red Machine and neglecting to talk about Johnny Bench.