Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf Discussion

Featured Replies

I took the boy to Woodland Golf Club in Western Hills last week. We arrive and learn that they are not letting the carts out. We decided to use the push carts and walk. This is the first time in my life that I have ever not taken a cart. I enjoyed it much more then I thought I would. It kept me a little more honest because I didn't want to take any mulligans or provisional shots when I had to chase my own ball. My score was about the same and it really didn't add that much time. It usually takes us 70 minutes to play this 9-hole course in a cart and this time is only took about 90. The price is a big difference as well. I may try to buy one of those push carts and do it regularly. Not at Devou Park though. 

There was a time when I walked and carried my own clubs. I used to walk with a cart all the time. It has been probably 20 years since I did either of those. It is a different feel when you walk the course 

My home course is Sag Hollow in Booneville and it is a difficult walk. Few attempt it. The course is built on two different elevations, 5 holes that follow the course of a winding creek and 4 more greens slightly  over 100 feet above at the top elevations where the clubhouse is located. To get from the different elevations the two par 3s are shots of 100 foot drops to the greens.

The issue for the walkers is navigating the steep cart paths that lead from the bottom holes to the top holes. We do have a few walkers on our 9 hole layout but they usually play only the top 4 holes a few times each and basically use it for exercise and practice. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.