Richard Gatewood new head coach at Moore Traditional School

Gatewood returns to Moore after being the head coach there for one season in 2012/13 leading them to a 23-8 record and district title. Gatewood also made head coaching stops at Taylor County from 2013-16 where he led them to two 5th region titles. His last head coaching job was 2017-18 at the now closed 22 Feet Academy in South Carolina

Lol, well that's some uncanny timing...Gatewood's ears must have been burning.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:40 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Sloan's announcement came with the comment that "the road has been very bumpy." Sounds like an understatement. I can't help but think about the words from Coach Renner in this Jason Frakes pieces about Sloan's ineligibility at Ballard and his transfer to Conrad Academy.

"In a text message to The Courier-Journal, Ballard coach Chris Renner wrote Sloan 'has been let down by many people over the past three years. ...I hope they realize the only one being screwed in this whole situation is a kid that trusted adults to make the right decisions. David is a good kid and has a bright future.' "

I can't help but think that was a shot being fired directly at Richard Gatewood by Renner. Even though Sloan grew up in Louisville, somehow or another he ended up in Campbellsville, away from his parents, under legal guardianship of Gatewood, his basketball coach, and playing for Gatewood at Taylor County. Then Sloan heads back to Louisville, saying "I'm only a teenager and a missed seeing my parents in the stands and my family." And then somehow or another, even though things are going well for Sloan at his prep school in Florida, he ends up once again lured into playing for Gatewood who is in his own new gig at 22ft Academy. And even though (as has been cited in the multiple suits against 22ft Academy founders Mike & Brenda Rawson) Gatewood was not receiving paycheck after paycheck from 22ft Academy, and even though he has prep students on his basketball team are complaining about housing situations and lack of sufficient food being given to them by the school, Gatewood still somehow gets Sloan to transfer to 22ft Academy two thirds of the way through the basketball season.

I'll tell you one thing, if there's anything that has come about from all of this, it's that if I was a parent, I wouldn't let Richard Gatewood anywhere near my kid - that's for sure.

FO9py3FXsAcMUBq.jpg