Blake Ladson named head football coach at Christian County.

Ladson was a hell of a player at Hopkinsville.

He's been on staff at Hopkinsville for the last couple of seasons. Sounds like this hire was Coach Clark looking ahead to build his future coaching staff at the forthcoming mega-school.

How often do you get to hear of a head coach from one school hiring a head coach....for another school?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

Interesting.

Ladson was previously let go from coaching the CCHS football team for a similar reason as to why Steve Lovelace is no longer the head coach at CCHS? Just wish I knew the logic behind it.

They should’ve never fired Love if this is the case.

You need to do your homework before you make those accusations.  Coach Ladson is a great man as well as a coach.

5 hours ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

Interesting.

Ladson was previously let go from coaching the CCHS football team for a similar reason as to why Steve Lovelace is no longer the head coach at CCHS? Just wish I knew the logic behind it.

They should’ve never fired Love if this is the case.

Well once again you are making up opinions as bashing a good person! At least not telling the whole story? 
Yes he was falsely accused & fired few years ago.  That was proven in court to NOT be true as he won his lawsuit against CCPS!  

IF those accusations were true , NO WAY who’d he be hired again there. 
You sure Seam to spread a lot of negative gossip at your Elementary school!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

Well once again you are making up opinions as bashing a good person! At least not telling the whole story? 
Yes he was falsely accused & fired few years ago.  That was proven in court to NOT be true as he won his lawsuit against CCPS!  

IF those accusations were true , NO WAY who’d he be hired again there. 
You sure Seam to spread a lot of negative gossip at your Elementary school!!

I never said he’s a bad person? I just stated he was let go for the same reasons Steve Lovelace was let go for and I happen to love Steve Lovelace.

So if me comparing him to Steve Lovelace is wrong, then you must have an issue with Coach Lovelace?

Also, the legal case you’re speaking of did not object to the truth of the allegations. The lawsuit was about how the board handled the matter of his dismissal. 

10 hours ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

I never said he’s a bad person? I just stated he was let go for the same reasons Steve Lovelace was let go for and I happen to love Steve Lovelace.

So if me comparing him to Steve Lovelace is wrong, then you must have an issue with Coach Lovelace?

Also, the legal case you’re speaking of did not object to the truth of the allegations. The lawsuit was about how the board handled the matter of his dismissal. 

Mr Region 2 Hype man here is the deal in all of the years I coached one of the questions people would ask when talking a bout a coach is would you let your boy play for him.  The bottom line is this all of the coaches mentioned even the ones you obviously have an issue with are great coaches.  Coach Clark, Coach Lovelace and Coach Ladson are all coaches that I would have been happy for my son to play for.  Now are they human yes and if you want to pick at their flaws then go ahead but if you want to have success in that area you will let them Coach and see what they can do for the athletes in the area. 

1 hour ago, Big Fletch said:

Mr Region 2 Hype man here is the deal in all of the years I coached one of the questions people would ask when talking a bout a coach is would you let your boy play for him.  The bottom line is this all of the coaches mentioned even the ones you obviously have an issue with are great coaches.  Coach Clark, Coach Lovelace and Coach Ladson are all coaches that I would have been happy for my son to play for.  Now are they human yes and if you want to pick at their flaws then go ahead but if you want to have success in that area you will let them Coach and see what they can do for the athletes in the area. 

I mean I agree. The #1 guy in this area like that would be Dixie Jones. But for some reason he was run out of here because of wins/losses playing a tough 5A schedule. 

And back to Lovelace, Love got fired for the same reason Ladson was let go a few years back. Yet, Ladson is hired back a year after they showed a great man in Steve Lovelace the door.

Both things above are about consistency. You can’t run off one good man for wins and losses, then get mad when people critique the next guy for wins and losses. You can’t fire one guy for one thing, then a year later hire someone who had the same thing happen as the guy you just fired.

What I do teach kids is consistency. The same rules and standards should apply to everyone. 

Also, if it’s true Christian County had a chance to hire Marty Jaggers son last year, a man that’s more qualified than any of the hires here the last 2 years, then this process has been fishy. I was just told last week we had a chance to have Jaggers coach the Colonels last year, but they wanted someone else that the parents wanted. That guy didn’t make it a year.

2 hours ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

I mean I agree. The #1 guy in this area like that would be Dixie Jones. But for some reason he was run out of here because of wins/losses playing a tough 5A schedule. 

And back to Lovelace, Love got fired for the same reason Ladson was let go a few years back. Yet, Ladson is hired back a year after they showed a great man in Steve Lovelace the door.

Both things above are about consistency. You can’t run off one good man for wins and losses, then get mad when people critique the next guy for wins and losses. You can’t fire one guy for one thing, then a year later hire someone who had the same thing happen as the guy you just fired.

What I do teach kids is consistency. The same rules and standards should apply to everyone. 

Also, if it’s true Christian County had a chance to hire Marty Jaggers son last year, a man that’s more qualified than any of the hires here the last 2 years, then this process has been fishy. I was just told last week we had a chance to have Jaggers coach the Colonels last year, but they wanted someone else that the parents wanted. That guy didn’t make it a year.

Don't know enough about the situation with Dixie Jones to make a comment about that.  With the Love deal versus Ladsen deal it is a little more complicated then what you are trying to make it seem.  Plus I am pretty sure that Coach LAdsen was not fired from his coaching position he just moved over to help at Hoptown when they hired the new coach.  As for Coach Jaggers he seems to be rumored to always being a candidate in Western Kentucky but never actually makes the move.  As for consistency there is no such thing in the Coaching industry any more.

4 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

Don't know enough about the situation with Dixie Jones to make a comment about that.  With the Love deal versus Ladsen deal it is a little more complicated then what you are trying to make it seem.  Plus I am pretty sure that Coach LAdsen was not fired from his coaching position he just moved over to help at Hoptown when they hired the new coach.  As for Coach Jaggers he seems to be rumored to always being a candidate in Western Kentucky but never actually makes the move.  As for consistency there is no such thing in the Coaching industry any more.

He was in town and interviewed from what I was told recently. Because I asked why he didn’t apply for Hoptown this year.

And Ladson was at HHS first, but taught at CCHS. The CCHS principal, no super, told him he couldn’t work at CCHS and coach at HHS. That’s true. He was then fired by the school district, as he was an employee. He was in a legal battle about how they handled the hire. He was back at HHS helping, but not an employee of the school. I won’t get into the accusations, but I’m saying that apply the same grace and benefit of the doubt for Love that you do Ladson.

Jaggers was told that getting HHS or CCHS this year wouldn’t guarantee him the consolidated job, so he didn’t want to move his family for nothing.

It seems a lot of candidates didn’t apply at either school because they were told it was a 1 year job, yet one candidate was told they’d get the job? Now he’s just 1 name I’ve heard recently, I don’t know the Jaggers other than remembering Marty when he was at Trigg. But I do know other coaches at big schools that did not apply because they couldn’t get the guarantee they’d be the consolidated coach. 

So that’s my big complaint. It seems like the board wanted to let the HHS hire be the new consolidated coach. Other coaches that were reached out to were told no guarantee and one was given that guarantee. Almost appears like they wanted to scare off the competition for the guy they wanted?

1 hour ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

He was in town and interviewed from what I was told recently. Because I asked why he didn’t apply for Hoptown this year.

And Ladson was at HHS first, but taught at CCHS. The CCHS principal, no super, told him he couldn’t work at CCHS and coach at HHS. That’s true. He was then fired by the school district, as he was an employee. He was in a legal battle about how they handled the hire. He was back at HHS helping, but not an employee of the school. I won’t get into the accusations, but I’m saying that apply the same grace and benefit of the doubt for Love that you do Ladson.

Jaggers was told that getting HHS or CCHS this year wouldn’t guarantee him the consolidated job, so he didn’t want to move his family for nothing.

It seems a lot of candidates didn’t apply at either school because they were told it was a 1 year job, yet one candidate was told they’d get the job? Now he’s just 1 name I’ve heard recently, I don’t know the Jaggers other than remembering Marty when he was at Trigg. But I do know other coaches at big schools that did not apply because they couldn’t get the guarantee they’d be the consolidated coach. 

So that’s my big complaint. It seems like the board wanted to let the HHS hire be the new consolidated coach. Other coaches that were reached out to were told no guarantee and one was given that guarantee. Almost appears like they wanted to scare off the competition for the guy they wanted?

Obviously you have never coached before because if you did you would understand the accusations on both Love and Ladson are the easiest ones to put on a well like coach in the community to fire them.  I think both got the short end of the deal.  As for the rest of your statement I have no knowledge of any of that so again I won’t make any comment.  However, I will say this both Hoptown and Christian County have very capable coaches now and you should throw your support behind them instead of bashing them.  

14 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

Obviously you have never coached before because if you did you would understand the accusations on both Love and Ladson are the easiest ones to put on a well like coach in the community to fire them.  I think both got the short end of the deal.  As for the rest of your statement I have no knowledge of any of that so again I won’t make any comment.  However, I will say this both Hoptown and Christian County have very capable coaches now and you should throw your support behind them instead of bashing them.  

They have a nice guy that will be the consolidated coach. Maybe they won’t win a lot of games or compete for titles, but learned long ago the Wins and Losses aren’t the most important thing in high school sports, it’s the memories and lessons you learn. 

I may critique winning and losing, but I’ll support those coaches and kids building future leaders. I’m not living and dying by them winning a title or being a top program. Clark will do that and who cares if he doesn’t win a lot of games.