Large item delivery services?

sportsfan41

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm in the process of purchasing a large gun safe.  With that said, I'm also running into a bit of a logistics problem.  I'm trying to find a company that will make the delivery of the safe but will also deliver to a rear basement walk out area.  It looks as though the gun safe I will get will likely weigh over 600 lbs.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Surprised how hard this has been to figure out.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

My brother-law- bought his large gun safe from Acme Lock, who took care of delivery and installation. If your supplier doesn't offer this service, you might have to look at hiring a moving company.

https://www.acmelock.com/safes

Appreciate the information. I’m going to try to stop by there today actually. 

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have talked with people who have large safes that told me the safe company provided delivery. I have even heard of rail systems being used to get a safe down stairs.

Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s Covid or what. But a lot of the places I’ve looked at locally such as Tractor Supply, Sportsman’s Ware House or Costco only list delivery to the curb.  Costco’s website says they will deliver the 340 lb safe to any room on the ground floor but any safe larger than that is just to the curb.  

• Thanks 1