NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 -- Week 5

Good morning and welcome to the first Monday of 2022, hope your weekend was safe, fun, and you're rested and ready for the week / month / year to come.

As I mentioned in the other thread at the end of the week, we definitely have some movement this week, both in our Top 10, as well as our others to watch!!  We also have the 9th & 10th All A's this week, but I will focus on the 9th and will have a separate thread for that -- but you'll see it alluded to below, including a potential great match-up in the 9th Semi's.

Without further ado, and fresh off a bunch of Holiday Tourneys around the region, here is this week's Top 10:

1.  Notre Dame (9-1)  vs #10 Simon Kenton, and vs Russell (who beat Ryle) at Franklin County.

2.  Ryle (10-4)  vs Highlands, vs #3 Dixie, and vs Christian Academy of Louisville (who beat Russell) at Franklin County.

3.  Dixie (11-2)  at Holmes and at #2 Ryle (Friday night at 6:00, per KHSAA).

4.  Cooper (8-5)  vs #5 Conner (Friday night at 7:30, per KHSAA).

5.  Conner (9-3)  vs Campbell Co., at #4 Cooper, and vs Rockcastle Co. at Franklin County.

6.  NewCath (10-4)  vs Dayton (All A), "likely" vs #7 Holy Cross (All A Semis), and maybe "All A Finals".

7.  Holy Cross (7-6)  vs Newport (All A), "likely" vs #6 NewCath (All A Semis), and maybe "All A Finals".

8.  Ludlow (10-3, all covid losses)  vs St. Henry (All A), "maybe" 'All A Semis', and maybe "All A Finals".

9.  Bishop Brossart (7-4)  vs Calvary Christian, and vs Nicholas Co (10th Region All A quarters).

10.  Simon Kenton (6-6)  vs Scott, at #1 Notre Dame, at George Rogers Clark (beat Russell & Dixie), and at Grant Co. 

Others To Watch:

*  Highlands (4-5)

*  Campbell Co. (5-5)

*  Scott (6-6)

*  St. Henry (8-5)

*  Walton Verona (7-7)

*  Bellevue (9-2)

*  Newport (7-2)

*  Holmes (4-6)

*  Beechwood (7-9)

*  Grant Co. (6-7)

Fun week, with the All A going on, and some great big on big school match-ups, including the #2 vs #3 match-up, and then the #4 vs #5 match-up.  Have a great week!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Good morning and welcome to the first Monday of 2022, hope your weekend was safe, fun, and you're rested and ready for the week / month / year to come.

As I mentioned in the other thread at the end of the week, we definitely have some movement this week, both in our Top 10, as well as our others to watch!!  We also have the 9th & 10th All A's this week, but I will focus on the 9th and will have a separate thread for that -- but you'll see it alluded to below, including a potential great match-up in the 9th Semi's.

Without further ado, and fresh off a bunch of Holiday Tourneys around the region, here is this week's Top 10:

1.  Notre Dame (9-1)  vs #10 Simon Kenton, and vs Russell (who beat Ryle) at Franklin County.

2.  Ryle (10-4)  vs Highlands, vs #3 Dixie, and vs Christian Academy of Louisville (who beat Russell) at Franklin County.

3.  Dixie (11-2)  at Holmes and at #2 Ryle (Friday night at 6:00, per KHSAA).

4.  Cooper (8-5)  vs #5 Conner (Friday night at 7:30, per KHSAA).

5.  Conner (9-3)  vs Campbell Co., at #4 Cooper, and vs Rockcastle Co. at Franklin County.

6.  NewCath (10-4)  vs Dayton (All A), "likely" vs #7 Holy Cross (All A Semis), and maybe "All A Finals".

7.  Holy Cross (7-6)  vs Newport (All A), "likely" vs #6 NewCath (All A Semis), and maybe "All A Finals".

8.  Ludlow (10-3, all covid losses)  vs St. Henry (All A), "maybe" 'All A Semis', and maybe "All A Finals".

9.  Bishop Brossart (7-4)  vs Calvary Christian, and vs Nicholas Co (10th Region All A quarters).

10.  Simon Kenton (6-6)  vs Scott, at #1 Notre Dame, at George Rogers Clark (beat Russell & Dixie), and at Grant Co. 

Others To Watch:

*  Highlands (4-5)

*  Campbell Co. (5-5)

*  Scott (6-6)

*  St. Henry (8-5)

*  Walton Verona (7-7)

*  Bellevue (9-2)

*  Newport (7-2)

*  Holmes (4-6)

*  Beechwood (7-9)

*  Grant Co. (6-7)

Fun week, with the All A going on, and some great big on big school match-ups, including the #2 vs #3 match-up, and then the #4 vs #5 match-up.  Have a great week!

Thanks @The Double Deuce and great stuff. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PaulBlart said:

Really don’t think that NCC and Conner are better than Holy Cross. I guess after this week in the All A will at least fix one of them. 

Holy Cross has struggled to find their footing, and I know they've had players in and out, but everyone has, and that Boyle County loss was really a head-scratcher.  They have plenty of time to right the ship, but I expected more of them to this point, to be honest.  NewCath has gotten consistently better as the season has gone on, and you're right, they'll settle that one where they should, and Conner could have just as easily started the year ahead of them, but they've also been consistently improving.  Their road win at Lakota West is very solid.  We'll know more about them after their game with Cooper, as well.

Thanks Paul!

• Like 1