St. Xavier 60 Cardinal Mooney (FL) 56

Was able to attend this game tonight. Not much offense in the first half, I'll blame the tight rims. In the second half St. X opened with some full court pressure and was able to generate turnovers and convert with some easy layups. Created a decent cushion during the second half. With about a minute left in the game St. X was up by about 10 and then a turnover which led to an easy basket for Cardinal Mooney, then another turnover by X, which led to a technical on I believe Coach Klein. What I think happened was Mekhi made a bad pass that went out of bounds by the X bench and Coach Klein stuck his foot out to stop the ball in frustration. So he may have "kicked" it or was on the court, I'm not really sure but Coach Klein seemed confused too. Two free throws made on the technical and then Cardinal Mooney scored on their ensuing possession. St. X just finished sloppy. But fun to see them play, good luck to the Tigers tomorrow. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Was able to attend this game tonight. Not much offense in the first half, I'll blame the tight rims. In the second half St. X opened with some full court pressure and was able to generate turnovers and convert with some easy layups. Created a decent cushion during the second half. With about a minute left in the game St. X was up by about 10 and then a turnover which led to an easy basket for Cardinal Mooney, then another turnover by X, which led to a technical on I believe Coach Klein. What I think happened was Mekhi made a bad pass that went out of bounds by the X bench and Coach Klein stuck his foot out to stop the ball in frustration. So he may have "kicked" it or was on the court, I'm not really sure but Coach Klein seemed confused too. Two free throws made on the technical and then Cardinal Mooney scored on their ensuing possession. St. X just finished sloppy. But fun to see them play, good luck to the Tigers tomorrow. 

Glad you was able to go. I'm sure championship game will be tough especially if it's the host school.