Ryle 57 Cooper 50

Got to attend this game last night- great game to take in.  Final score is a little misleading as this game was back and forth the whole game.  I think the final score was the largest margin of separation all night.

Cooper was without one of their starters (Liz Freihofer) and that might of been the difference.  These 2 teams should meet again and that will be another nail biter no doubt.

Not sure who's in charge of scheduling, but I expected a much larger crowd to be at this game but I checked schedules to learn Cooper's boys were playing Ryle at Ryle last night and the student section went to the boys.  Not sure why you would do that. 

Also- shout out to the officiating crew- I thought they did a great job.  Let them play and were consistent

in the calls they made both ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Big Red said:

These teams look very similar in style, size, and skillset.  Tonight, Jackson and Eubank brought more toughness to help pull away in last minute.

Hmm...not sure I'm going to walk out on that limb with you.  Similar, in general, I guess, in how they play.  But Cooper has no one to match the size and strength of Sarah Baker in the post.  Cooper definitely doesn't have the individual skill and prospects at the next level that Ryle does, and losing Friehofer to what appears to be a hand / wrist / arm issue for a few weeks really hurts them.

Also, I think you mean Austin Johnson in your last sentence -- a well-deserved player of the game award for her mantle last night.

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen enough to discuss individual matchups, but Cooper has plenty of size out there.  For as long and skilled as Ryle is, Cooper looked similar.  Lind listed at 6'2, Deere 6'1, Palmer 5'10, and both Freihoffer's right there.  

Yes, shoot, didn't mean to butcher Austin's last name.  She was terrific, and agree thought Baker was very confident in the post.  

Yes, Ryle only played 6, and very little full court pressure in the game.  Interested to see how they look when pressured.  

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

One more thing (I feel like "Columbo" now), I LOVE watching Whitney Lind play, so in control, can score at all 3 levels, and completely composed throughout.  Might be a tad too unselfish at times, but she is just great to watch -- I'm a huge fan.

the-double-deuce-one-more-thing.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1