Cincinnati 71 Illinois 51

Walter

Bearcats improve to 5-0 with a beatdown of #14 Illinois in the semi finals of the Hall of Fame Tip Off Classic in Kansas City. 

Illinois jumped out to a 23-8 lead before the under 12 timeout and UC outscored them 63-28 the rest of the way. 

If this is what Cincinnati basketball looks like under Wes Miller, it's going to be a lot of fun to see how the rest of the season unfolds. 

Screenshot_20211122-203626.png

• Like 1

Kofi Cockburn had 12 of Illinois first 23 points and was dominating inside. Wes Miller made the defensive adjustment to start double and triple teaming him anytime he touched the ball after that and he only scored 6 points the rest of the game. 

19 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Wow.  Not shocked Cincinnati won, but never expected them to whip the Illini by 20.

UC was a 14 point dog...I have a feeling they're going to be a lot better than a lot of people, myself included, expected this year. They are flat out getting after it on the defensive end and relentless around the rim with their length.

I assume UC will play #13 Arkansas tomorrow night in the finals. That should be another great opportunity to continue to build confidence and momentum.