North Hardin 27 Central Hardin 21

theguru

Has anyone ever seen this? Central Hardin had a 4th down and three late in the 4th quarter. A run play seemed to get the first down but was close enough to require a chain measurement. Instead of securing the ball at the location where the tackle was made, the referee picked the ball up and walked it to the sideline, placed it on the ground and proceeded to measure it with the chain marker? I believe that this is an incorrect method of measuring and cannot be considered as accurate as placing the ball down where the player was tackled, then bringing the chains out to that location. This was a strange and key play in this game as Central Hardin was driving for a go- ahead TD. This is the first time that I have ever seen a chain measurement done this way?

12 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Has anyone ever seen this? Central Hardin had a 4th down and three late in the 4th quarter. A run play seemed to get the first down but was close enough to require a chain measurement. Instead of securing the ball at the location where the tackle was made, the referee picked the ball up and walked it to the sideline, placed it on the ground and proceeded to measure it with the chain marker? I believe that this is an incorrect method of measuring and cannot be considered as accurate as placing the ball down where the player was tackled, then bringing the chains out to that location. This was a strange and key play in this game as Central Hardin was driving for a go- ahead TD. This is the first time that I have ever seen a chain measurement done this way?

That seems odd. I've never seen ball measured that way.