Rockcastle County 36 Garrard County 30

theguru

Running the clock late in the game after Garrard runner got out of bounds.  Called a Garrard touchdown back for a phantom offensive pass interference.  Scored a miracle touchdown on the final play to tie the game only to have it called back for the qb being beyond the line of scrimmage.  There were more calls that sounded very questionable.

• Thanks 1

None of that should have even happen the entire last drive by GC was given to them by the refs. They gave GC an Interception. Rock WR goes up catches the ball with both hands DB for GC puts his hands on the ball while it’s in the air but being held by Rock WR both go down to the ground and the DB let’s go and Rock maintains catch thru the ground an is only one with ball in his hand when he comes up off the ground yet only 1 ref says Int an then they give them the ball for all the crazy ending that happens…

on the last play for GC  he was clearly passed line of scrimmage when he threw the ball and it was a 4th down play so that’s a loss of downs ballgame over. I’ve never seen a player be rewarded the ball by merely touching the ball in the air an that is it he never had any type of grip on the ball an definitely never possessed it through the ground they nearly robbed rock of the game after that play. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

None of that should have even happen the entire last drive by GC was given to them by the refs. They gave GC an Interception. Rock WR goes up catches the ball with both hands DB for GC puts his hands on the ball while it’s in the air but being held by Rock WR both go down to the ground and the DB let’s go and Rock maintains catch thru the ground an is only one with ball in his hand when he comes up off the ground yet only 1 ref says Int an then they give them the ball for all the crazy ending that happens…

on the last play for GC  he was clearly passed line of scrimmage when he threw the ball and it was a 4th down play so that’s a loss of downs ballgame over. I’ve never seen a player be rewarded the ball by merely touching the ball in the air an that is it he never had any type of grip on the ball an definitely never possessed it through the ground they nearly robbed rock of the game after that play. 

I think you're right about the interception call being wrong. Quisenberry definitely had his hands on the ball but the Rockcastle kid had possession. That wouldn't have stood up to replay, although I think the positioning of the referee behind the play probably distorted his view.

As for the final play, it was an illegal forward pass. Line of scrimmage was the 23-yard line and Quisenberry let go of the ball between the 21 and 22 yard lines. Hate that the final touchdown didn't count, though, because it was a really cool tipped ball that the Garrard receiver dove in from out of nowhere and caught.

Congratulations to Rockcastle County on the win. Based on the results of the regular season and playoff games, I think these two clubs are almost dead even this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1