Little Computer Help Needed

Jumper_Dad

I have a couple of old dead/broken laptops that I need to retrieve old photos from. I know there is some device available to plug these into and get the info off and onto another computer. Here are picks of both hard drives that I've already removed. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction of what I need...as inexpensively as possible. 🙂

Here are the drives and connections. Thanks, any help is appreciated. 

20211025_205028.jpg

20211025_205127.jpg

20211025_205210.jpg

20211025_205223.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

@swamprat any idea what kind of cable I need to plug the 2nd hard drive above into a USB port?

I bought the cable rjs recommended and it worked great for the 1st hard drive pictured above. It doesn't fit the 2nd one.

The same SATA connection used on the other hard drive is this on hard drive. What you are showing is simply another plug that interfaces between the hard drive and the laptop motherboard. Pull on it. It should slide right off.

36 minutes ago, swamprat said:

The same SATA connection used on the other hard drive is this on hard drive. What you are showing is simply another plug that interfaces between the hard drive and the laptop motherboard. Pull on it. It should slide right off.

Thanks