Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Little Computer Help Needed

Featured Replies

I have a couple of old dead/broken laptops that I need to retrieve old photos from. I know there is some device available to plug these into and get the info off and onto another computer. Here are picks of both hard drives that I've already removed. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction of what I need...as inexpensively as possible. ?

Here are the drives and connections. Thanks, any help is appreciated. 

20211025_205028.jpg

20211025_205127.jpg

20211025_205210.jpg

20211025_205223.jpg

  • Author

I guess my biggest question is what type connectors are these?

  • Author
  • Author

@swamprat any idea what kind of cable I need to plug the 2nd hard drive above into a USB port?

I bought the cable rjs recommended and it worked great for the 1st hard drive pictured above. It doesn't fit the 2nd one.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

@swamprat any idea what kind of cable I need to plug the 2nd hard drive above into a USB port?

I bought the cable rjs recommended and it worked great for the 1st hard drive pictured above. It doesn't fit the 2nd one.

The same SATA connection used on the other hard drive is this on hard drive. What you are showing is simply another plug that interfaces between the hard drive and the laptop motherboard. Pull on it. It should slide right off.

 

  • Author
36 minutes ago, swamprat said:

The same SATA connection used on the other hard drive is this on hard drive. What you are showing is simply another plug that interfaces between the hard drive and the laptop motherboard. Pull on it. It should slide right off.

 

Thanks

  • Author

Thanks @rjs4470 and @swamprat, I was able to recover close to 20,000 family photos off of those hard drives.

Next up I have an old tower to pull the hard drive out of.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.