Bishop Brossart 21 Covington Holy Cross 0

nkypete

Thanks to our buddy NkyPete for providing extensive stats for the game.

Mustangs improve to 4-0 and I felt we played a rather compete game, without being overwhelming in any particular facet.  Holy Cross turned the ball over on two kick-off fumbles, and had a touchdown called back for a face-mask violation.  I thought that we did a great job in not allowing Javier Ward to run rough-shod over us, and did a great job of eliminating any runback opportunities.

As Pete denoted Brossart scored a touchdown in each of the first three quarters.  A 16 yard touchdown pass from Jacob Leicht to David Govan, topping off a 70 yard Mustangs drive in the first period.  A 3 yard Jed Martin trophy run that finished off a 60 yard drive, and in the third period, Jacob Leicht kept it himself and make the one yard trek to paydirt making it 21-0 as Andrew "Dewey" Schwartz nailed all three PATs.

I'm hoping we are near 100% next week when Lloyd Memorial comes to call.  I feel that the Juggs will provide us with our biggest regular season challenger to date, and perhaps our regular season.

The Brossart defense remains unscored upon now after four games into the season.

Great job by the students and fans of both schools which raised over $20,000 which will be split and given to each school's tuition assistance programs, in conjunction with an inflatable ball battle between Mike Holtz, the Holy Cross principal, and Chris Holtz the Brossart principal, who are brothers.  It was Homecoming night at Brossart HIgh School, and David Govan, the homecoming king, also scored a Brossart touchdown.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1