Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccerama 2021

Featured Replies

Nice long day of games at Scott High School.  Big matchup at 5pm with Highlands vs NDA.

NDA won 8-1

  • Author

Sorry at a wedding, and it was way to hot for updates! Synopsis to come at the 11pm news.

1 hour ago, Sbreeze said:

NDA won 8-1

Ouch.  Guess the parents are real pleased with these two results.

  • Author

OK, first off let’s do this collectively….1, 2, 3. Breathe!

Let’s remind everyone that this was a PRESEASON tournament that means nothing in the record books.  I can’t say what NDA did on their roster for this game but you know what HHS did, they stacked their roster with a total of 23 dressed players which included 7 girls that currently aren’t dressing Varsity (granted that might change).

So the first half consisted of Highlands Team A played the first 20 min.  Let me also state that Team A was missing Gessner in Goal and Jade Rehberger as Center Back for the game.

NDA struck first with a nice corner and finish and then another cross and header finish.

Defense, defense, defense…..I said it after Seton it is a WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!  And no Meg and Jade really hurt.  I will say this I really thought it was creative that he tried out Faith as Center Back to start the game.

So Team B then played last 20 min of 1st half actually kept it close without to much blood, I think they gave up 1 goal to make it 4-0 at half.

2nd Half same philosophy Team A 20 min, Team B 20 min…..This time Team A had a Center Back playing who currently is only a JV player (once again that could change).

Claire Cavacini scored for the Birds for their lone goal.

So are the parents upset, i doubt it.  I think the parents are smart enough to realize the process.

AND ITS PRESEASON!!!!  When parents start getting upset from a Preseason game they need to check themselves.

On the flip side NDA celebrated each goal and victory like the won the World Cup.

Thanks for the update.  When is the first game?  KHSAA not updated last I checked and no Twitter for girls soccer?

From what I saw of the Highlands vs. ND game:

ND also had 23 (ish) kids that all played throughout both halves.   I wouldn't call it as defined as 20 min Team A and Team B, but it was 20 plus kids going in and out, many playing different positions.

My initial assumption was that more than Gessner and Jade were missing because physically it did look "different".  Maybe it was just me, but ND was noticeably much bigger, stronger, and faster across the board.  The last few years that was obviously not the case.

ND looked good throughout the field, but their back line is physically very impressive.  2 Center Back's are big, fast, and physically strong, and 2 outside backs that are fast, strong, aggressive, and very active pushing up into the offensive side.  It looked like the younger kids that came in were equally skilled.

Both teams looked dangerous on set plays.  ND had many more opportunities.

 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Thanks for the update.  When is the first game?  KHSAA not updated last I checked and no Twitter for girls soccer?

The new twitter handle is @hhsgs_bluebirds

First regular season game is at Beechwood on this Thu @ 7:30.

 

On 8/7/2021 at 11:52 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

OK, first off let’s do this collectively….1, 2, 3. Breathe!

Let’s remind everyone that this was a PRESEASON tournament that means nothing in the record books.  I can’t say what NDA did on their roster for this game but you know what HHS did, they stacked their roster with a total of 23 dressed players which included 7 girls that currently aren’t dressing Varsity (granted that might change).

So the first half consisted of Highlands Team A played the first 20 min.  Let me also state that Team A was missing Gessner in Goal and Jade Rehberger as Center Back for the game.

NDA struck first with a nice corner and finish and then another cross and header finish.

Defense, defense, defense…..I said it after Seton it is a WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!  And no Meg and Jade really hurt.  I will say this I really thought it was creative that he tried out Faith as Center Back to start the game.

So Team B then played last 20 min of 1st half actually kept it close without to much blood, I think they gave up 1 goal to make it 4-0 at half.

2nd Half same philosophy Team A 20 min, Team B 20 min…..This time Team A had a Center Back playing who currently is only a JV player (once again that could change).

Claire Cavacini scored for the Birds for their lone goal.

So are the parents upset, i doubt it.  I think the parents are smart enough to realize the process.

AND ITS PRESEASON!!!!  When parents start getting upset from a Preseason game they need to check themselves.

On the flip side NDA celebrated each goal and victory like the won the World Cup.

This is spot on.  Except the part about the parents being smart enough to realize the process.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.