Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Actor Ned Beatty has passed

Featured Replies

Reading his obituary in The Hollywood Reporter, I was amazed at how many films starring Beatty I've seen. He was definitely one of the finest actors of our time.

His six minute monologue, during a scenne with Peter Finch in Network earned him an Academy Award nomination. "You have meddled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!" Brilliant.

I was today years old when I learned that Beatty was a Louisville native.

A nice read in the THR article, "Ned Beatty, Acclaimed Character Actor in 'Deliverance,' 'Network' and 'Homicide: Life on the Street,' Dies at 83" can be found in the link below.

RIP "Bobby Trippe"

hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ned-beatty

NedBeatty.12168.jpg

Network_(1976_poster).png

Deliverance_poster.jpg

A student at Transylvania for a time.   One of the fine character actors of all time.   He's in many of my favorite movies of all time.

All the President's Men

Network

Silver Streak

Deliverence

Superman

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.