St. Xavier 17 Trinity 8 (KSLL Championship)

Congratulations to St. X!  

Good season for Trinity too!

Question:  Can lacrosse be sanctioned in Kentucky by KHSAA and still be multiple leagues?

For example, Louisville or the KSLL, and most everyone else is KY has a lacrosse league.  Can they co-exist and be under the KHSAA umbrella?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Question:  Can lacrosse be sanctioned in Kentucky by KHSAA and still be multiple leagues?

For example, Louisville or the KSLL, and most everyone else is KY has a lacrosse league.  Can they co-exist and be under the KHSAA umbrella?

I doubt it. I would imagine any sanctioning from the KHSAA would include a district, region, state format as in the other sports. Probably the best example for how the KHSAA would theoretically run lacrosse is similar to how they run field hockey.

A second thought: while you occasionally hear people complaining that lacrosse isn't a KHSAA sport, is it possible that the lacrosse folks might be in a better position right now? Right now the divide is between Louisville and the rest of the state. Sanctioning by the KHSAA would likely put them all together - with Trinity and St. X winning all the titles and all of the other schools playing for scraps.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I doubt it. I would imagine any sanctioning from the KHSAA would include a district, region, state format as in the other sports. Probably the best example for how the KHSAA would theoretically run lacrosse is similar to how they run field hockey.

A second thought: while you occasionally hear people complaining that lacrosse isn't a KHSAA sport, is it possible that the lacrosse folks might be in a better position right now? Right now the divide is between Louisville and the rest of the state. Sanctioning by the KHSAA would likely put them all together - with Trinity and St. X winning all the titles and all of the other schools playing for scraps.

Unfortunately, I think this is well said GC. 

My daughter plays lacrosse for Manual and there is a pecking order for all things lacrosse right now.  And I don't see that changing very much.

Teams out in the state simply haven't been around long enough with the option for year round club teams to keep up with the top teams in Louisville, who have a longer history in the sport and club teams to match.

I would like for it to be sanctioned, but in reality it's probably not good for the growth of the sport, as if Trinity, St. X, KCD and Sacred Heart win all the titles then the rest of the state will likely lose interest, which isn't the goal.

• Like 1