Oldham County vs Collins (8th Region Semi-finals) Predictions/Updates

What:   8th Region Semi-finals

Where:  Henry County HS, New Castle, KY

When:   Friday, 3/26/21 

Who:   #13 Oldham County (12-4) vs. Collins (13-8)

Broadcast:  FREE live video coverage begins at 5:45 pm on www.pegasussportsky.com

Last Meeting / Regular Season Result:   Oldham County 61, Collins 46 on 2/2/21

Series:   Oldham County leads the all-time series, 11-4.   The two teams have met six times in the region tournament, with both teams winning three times.

This is a rematch of last year's region final, won by Collins.

I looked at the last 10 years in the region coming into this year (2010-11 though 2019-20).  Three teams (South Oldham, Oldham County, Collins) had won 9 of the 10 region titles (Walton-Verona in 2019 the only exception).  OC had better overall results, winning 78.1% of its games, to 70.6% for South and 69.0% for Collins.  

I'm hoping for some payback for OC. Hopefully the Colonels remember Collins fans being "less than gracious" in victory last year and use that motivation to win. This has definitely been the 8th region tourney match up to watch the past few years, should be a good game. 

ColonelMike - or anyone really - if I were to drive over to New Castle this evening, is there a decent chance I'd get in? I'm assuming tickets are on sale to the general public, but that in limited numbers.  thx

1 hour ago, Mojocat said:

ColonelMike - or anyone really - if I were to drive over to New Castle this evening, is there a decent chance I'd get in? I'm assuming tickets are on sale to the general public, but that in limited numbers.  thx

Limited numbers.    Each school allotted 350 tickets, and my understanding is that the total attendance is being limited to about 900.   I'd say it's a race to the front door....

Live video coverage begins at 5:45 pm ET on www.pegasussportsky.com  

I'll post updates as I can during the broadcast.

• Thanks 1