Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Treating March Madness like the Olympics

Featured Replies

I have enjoyed this tourney so far, with it being all in one state.

I know the NCAA will never do this, because they jones to play games in half empty football stadiums, but it would be fun to see them move the whole thing to just 1 state every year.   It would cut down on travel expenses for the schools and give fans a chance to see packed historic arenas.

But as I said, it will never happen.   The NCAA only uses imagination when backed into a corner.

23 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I have enjoyed this tourney so far, with it being all in one state.

I know the NCAA will never do this, because they jones to play games in half empty football stadiums, but it would be fun to see them move the whole thing to just 1 state every year.   It would cut down on travel expenses for the schools and give fans a chance to see packed historic arenas.

But as I said, it will never happen.   The NCAA only uses imagination when backed into a corner.

No thanks. Much better how they have it, and the ability for more fans to be able to go see tournament games. If you limit it to one state, it could be years before tournament games are close enough for fans to go. 

9 hours ago, The Raven said:

I have enjoyed this tourney so far, with it being all in one state.

I know the NCAA will never do this, because they jones to play games in half empty football stadiums, but it would be fun to see them move the whole thing to just 1 state every year.   It would cut down on travel expenses for the schools and give fans a chance to see packed historic arenas.

But as I said, it will never happen.   The NCAA only uses imagination when backed into a corner.

I don’t think people realize how few fans attend some of the games. Not sure a one state approach is best, but I would be on board with some tweaks. Removing the football stadiums from the Final Four is where I would start. It is silly to put teams in that environment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.