Inexpensive Electric Guitar recommendations

The Raven

While we have been in quarantine for over a year now, I decided to try and learn the bass and guitar.   With last years taxes I bought a Hofner violin bass (see Sir Paul McCartney.).  I was thinking of using some of this years return on a Gretsch Streamliner hollowbody (or center block). Anybody play either and/or know if they are any good?   Or anyone have any recommendations on a good, not outrageously expensive model for beginners?

The Streamliner is a good choice. Something even cheaper that checks all the boxes is the Yamaha Pacifica. You could pair that with an Orange Crush 35RT amp and have a real nice, portable kit that sounds and plays great for under $600.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, The Raven said:

While we have been in quarantine for over a year now, I decided to try and learn the bass and guitar.   With last years taxes I bought a Hofner violin bass (see Sir Paul McCartney.).  I was thinking of using some of this years return on a Gretsch Streamliner hollowbody (or center block). Anybody play either and/or know if they are any good?   Or anyone have any recommendations on a good, not outrageously expensive model for beginners?

I don't keep up with guitars so much these days...but my one bit of advice, if you buy a Gretsch, don't get one with a Bigsby Bridge unless you want to be stuck re-tuning your guitar every 10 minutes.