NKMSAA Boys

throwback32

1 hour ago, throwback32 said:

Any observations or early season thoughts?  I’m sure not many games have been played.

6th?

7th?

8th?

Favorites? Players to watch?

7th: Gray, Ockerman, Highlands, Conner are probably top teams. I'm guessing Campbell County and Turkeyfoot will be in the mix too. Some of the top players I've seen are:

Gray': Coppola, Davis, Lee, Lyons, McKelvey, Colemire 

Ockerman: Verax, Rigney, Campbell, O'Hara, Hartman

Highlands: Listermann, Rickard, Litmer

Conner: Fryman (not sure of the other names, but they have few other studs)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

7th: Gray, Ockerman, Highlands, Conner are probably top teams. I'm guessing Campbell County and Turkeyfoot will be in the mix too. Some of the top players I've seen are:

Gray': Coppola, Davis, Lee, Lyons, McKelvey, Colemire 

Ockerman: Verax, Rigney, Campbell, O'Hara, Hartman

Highlands: Listermann, Rickard, Litmer

Conner: Fryman (not sure of the other names, but they have few other studs)

The Gray group is impressive that is for sure.

If memory serves for 8th Campbell County and Highlands should be front runners.  I am not too familiar with many of the Boone County schools at this grade.

Not sure of many individual players but Hank Schick and Jackson Arnold for Highlands 8th are names to remember.

I can't comment on the public schools, but I have seen several of the 8th grade Catholic Schools play this year in their "non-sanctioned" league.

St. Pius:  Nolan Ruthsatz and Auggie Eillerman

St Agnes:  Dylan Ryan

Blessed Sacrament: Andrew Bessler and Dylan Lanham

St Joe (Crescent Springs):  No team this year but Hudson Scheiver

IHM:  Jake Stewert and Reis  Can't remember his first name.

St. Paul No team this year Ben McEvoy and William McElheney  (William is playing Freshman & JV at Holy Cross)

St Thomas:  has a very nice team with a couple of solid players whose names I am not familiar with. 

20 hours ago, Rocket23 said:

Rematch of last year's c/o 2026 boy's basketball championship tonight! Gray at Highland's, 6:00 pm. Should be a good one!

Gray won a close one. Turned out to be a defensive battle. Both teams were struggling offensively. A couple clutch 3's by Coppola down the stretch was the difference. 

May have been a different result if Highlands had all their horses. They certainly could have used Litmer's help with the boards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

Gray won a close one. Turned out to be a defensive battle. Both teams were struggling offensively. A couple clutch 3's by Coppola down the stretch was the difference. 

May have been a different result if Highlands had all their horses. They certainly could have used Litmer's help with the boards. 

Don't forget about Brady Carnohan. He would of made a huge difference on the Boards. The difference from last year to this, HMS split up their Kids between 2 teams. They seemingly put the Top 5 on the A team and then 6-10 on the B team. Actually a very smart move and based on what I see this year that's exactly how I think they did it. It allowed development throughout both Squads.

They are now all together this year playing as 1 unit. HMS and Gray will be tough outs this year. Both are very deep and skilled.....Should be some fun years ahead!

7 hours ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Don't forget about Brady Carnohan. He would of made a huge difference on the Boards. The difference from last year to this, HMS split up their Kids between 2 teams. They seemingly put the Top 5 on the A team and then 6-10 on the B team. Actually a very smart move and based on what I see this year that's exactly how I think they did it. It allowed development throughout both Squads.

They are now all together this year playing as 1 unit. HMS and Gray will be tough outs this year. Both are very deep and skilled.....Should be some fun years ahead!

I’m not familiar with all their names, but Highlands certainly has a well coached, talented team. It’s a great place to watch a game too! 

Gray’s 7th grade team started shooting the ball better tonight. Beat Turkeyfoot by a wide margin. 

Should be a good one tomorrow vs Conner, who already has a win over a really good Ockerman team.  

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

After a lengthy weather delay Highlands traveled to Turkeyfoot last night.  Highlands was victorious in all 3 games.

Good one tonight, weather permitting, as Campbell travels to Highlands.

Campbell 7th had to cancel. HMS 7th plays St Joe's of Cold Springs tonight @ 7:30 in Ft Thomas instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Gray beat Highlands 47-35 in the 7th Grade Championship. 

Vinny Listerman, Rio Litmer were selected to Alll-Tournament team for Highlands...well deserved.

Gavin Lyons, Dylan Lee, and Anthony Coppola were named All- Tournament team from Gray. Coppola was named Tournament MVP, which was also well deserved.

Congratulations to all the teams and coaches. Glad we were able to get through this season!

• Like 1