Perry County Central 66 Wolfe County 49

Wolfe Co has been somewhat puzzling so far this season. They lost one starter from their 2020 regional runner-up team (a championship game vs Hazard that went into OT before Hazard prevailed), but this season so far they have really struggled. They are 2-4 with their only wins against Bell Co in Campton and a 2 point win at Estill Co. They definitely have the talent to go far into the regional tournament again this year and even win it. However, I watched the game vs Perry Central and they didn’t resemble last year’s team. Maybe the loss of the one player to graduation, I think his name is Brewer, was a bigger loss  than was anticipated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Or, maybe they heard how great they were all off-season and drank the kool-aid?  Each season is an entity of its own.  Hard for young kids to handle success.

That is a possibility. They certainly need to reevaluate themselves and get back on track. They have the talent to be a factor in the region by tournament time. 
Perry Central was winless on the season until last night with losses to Hazard, Leslie Co, Pineville, and Knox Central. I thought Wolfe Co would win this one.