Zac Taylor Needs to go

52 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Even in that situation, wasn’t Garrett already on staff when Phillips was promoted? I don’t remember to many instances like he stated, where a team hired someone to push the current Head Coach to try to make them uncomfortable and worried about their job. I seen it happen in the NBA, but not much really the NFL at least in terms of the HC. 

I don't remember the specifics, but Jones ponied up money to retain Garrett from going elsewhere and was treated (practically) as a co-head coach.

While the concept seems taboo, many of the coordinators are recycled head coaches, so you can see where that insecurity may be with the head guy.

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Even in that situation, wasn’t Garrett already on staff when Phillips was promoted? I don’t remember to many instances like he stated, where a team hired someone to push the current Head Coach to try to make them uncomfortable and worried about their job. I seen it happen in the NBA, but not much really the NFL at least in terms of the HC. 

A lot of times it requires hindsight to see instances of this (once the chain of events play out).  Once again, the transition doesn't necessarily have to happen, but, as you mention, the uncomfortable situation is there.

In regards to the Bengals, this could have happened when Bruce Coslet was hired as Offensive Coordinator for the second time under Dave Shula after he had been the head coach of the Jets.  I can't fully understand all the motives of the Brown family, but I can look at what happened afterwards.  Shula resigned and Coslet took over as Bengals head coach.