Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA needs to back officials

Isn't high school basketball great 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Isn't high school basketball great

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I understand that the KHSAA needs to back its officials and support them very vigoursly, I think that this is the only way to maintain control and have consistency. However, if an official makes a call that impacts the eligibility of a player because he chose to eject him from the game for what he thought happened. I am refering the play that the Campbell County- Brossart game where the player was ejected. When there is vidio evidece that clearly shows the official turned and looked at the play after the foul and then asseted the foul to the wrong player and ejected him. KHSAA please contine to stand behind your officials, just remember the message that you send to these young men and women should not be that your are above admitting that an injustice may have occured. The game is over and a foul was commited but the wrong player is sitting out of tomorrow's game because of a bad call that could have been overturned by KHSAA. We should all have be held accountable for what we do, don't hold someone accountable for what we think they did

My only question about officials is, why isn't it a requirement to have 3 officials? At least at the Varsity level, if not JV too.

I believe that it is up to the host school as to how many officials they want to ref (2 or 3); however, all postseason games are required to have 3, from what I understand.

I remember back in the 50's that at times we had one official that could see everything , then they added two officials that could only see one half as much and then they added three that can't see anything. I remember we played in the Paintsville Tournament one year in the 80's and only one official showed up and it was one of the best called games I have ever seen. His last name was Hall, can't remember his first.Two officials are enough.It seems that officials worry more about position than making the calls.

My only question about officials is, why isn't it a requirement to have 3 officials? At least at the Varsity level, if not JV too.

You just get 3X's the bad calls.

So what are we voting for in the poll?

So what are we voting for in the poll?

 

Darn good question.

 

I'm not exactly sure of the point trying to be made. Are we backing the officials or not? I'm not sure how you vote "no" in this poll.

I voted no simply because its a ridiculous poll.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.