Cincinnati 36 UCF 33

theguru

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Bearcats get the win but not in a we belong in the BCS way.

1st qtr was uncharacteristic for UC but I thought they looked pretty good the rest of the game.

Held UCF 260 yards and 11 points below their season averages... And left 7 points off the board by Doaks falling down at the one and not scoring with a little over a minute left to run the clock out. 

UC dominated this game the final 3 qtrs, regardless of what the final score says.

Just now, Walter said:

1st qtr was uncharacteristic for UC but I thought they looked pretty good the rest of the game.

Held UCF 260 yards and 11 points below their season averages... And left 7 points off the board by Doaks falling down at the one and not scoring with a little over a minute left to run the clock out. 

They looked good, not great.  If they didn't get that turnover/short field to go up 29 to 25 I am not sure they would have even won the game.  

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

They looked good, not great.  If they didn't get that turnover/short field to go up 29 to 25 I am not sure they would have even won the game.  

Fair point... But you can also play the "what if" scenario in reference to the Ryan Montgomery muffed punt that gave UCF a short field and led to their second TD after UC forced a 3 and out to gain a little momentum.

Or the phantom P.I called on 4th and 11 with UC up 36-25 that led to another UCF TD to make it 36-33.

Like JA said... Survive and advance. At this point, the goal is to go undefeated and win the conference championship. What happens after that is honestly out of UC's control since they would need help to even be considered for the CFP.

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Fair point... But you can also play the "what if" scenario in reference to the Ryan Montgomery muffed punt that gave UCF a short field and led to their second TD after UC forced a 3 and out to gain a little momentum.

Or the phantom P.I called on 4th and 11 with UC up 36-25 that led to another UCF TD to make it 36-33.

Like JA said... Survive and advance. At this point, the goal is to go undefeated and win the conference championship. What happens after that is honestly out of UC's control since they would need help to even be considered for the CFP.

I want UC to win almost as bad as you do Walter but any way you cut it that game was close and that means UC was not BCS material today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I want UC to win almost as bad as you do Walter but any way you cut it that game was close and that means UC was not BCS material today.

Question... If Doaks doesn't literally lay down at the one yard line with nobody around him with 1 min left to run the clock out, and instead scores to put UC up 43-33, would we still be having the same conversation about the final score? 

I completely get where you're coming from but the only ones I know who cared about the final are people who laid money on UC at -4.5 and lost because of Doaks not scoring that final TD. 😂

This was considered (by national media) UC's toughest game of the year. Bearcats took UCF's best shot and still won...I'll take it. 

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Question... If Doaks doesn't literally lay down at the one yard line with nobody around him with 1 min left to run the clock out, and instead scores to put UC up 43-33, would we still be having the same conversation about the final score? 

I completely get where you're coming from but the only ones I know who cared about the final are people who laid money on UC at -4.5 and lost because of Doaks not scoring that final TD. 😂

This was considered (by national media) UC's toughest game of the year. Bearcats took UCF's best shot and still won...I'll take it. 

I don't gamble but I did win a bucket of beer by taking the Steelers straight up this past week.

At the end of the day I agree with you Walter, they don't ask how, just how many. 

Go Bearcats!

• Like 1