KHAAA to cut expenses for the Finals

Yadi1957

Will not cover motel rooms for the officials for the state finals due to COVID.  This is really bad to make people drive across the state from Lexington in their game uniform without taking a bath!  I know money is tight but come on! I wonder if they might get people to give these guys a room for a night as there will not be any fans in the stands?

Kroger Field is pretty good size and plenty of room to social distance.  Wonder if the KHSAA will open up let the fans in?  Last year 4A had 9,439 in the stands.  UK vs Georgia had 12,000 in the stands social distancing.  

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Kroger Field is pretty good size and plenty of room to social distance.  Wonder if the KHSAA will open up let the fans in?  Last year 4A had 9,439 in the stands.  UK vs Georgia had 12,000 in the stands social distancing.  

I go to Louisville games with capacity at 12,000 and plenty of space. No reason they shouldn’t allow fans for KHSAA state championship. I saw where air travel is low risk so open stadium spaced out is even lower risk.

Only thing that could alter Kroger Field is if Fayette County is red. They moved volleyball from Louisville to Winchester and cross country from Lexington to Paris due to red county status. However, they kept soccer in Lexington. KHSAA gave nothing away on their posted brackets. We shall see...

My son is the Cross Country coach and he told me that Bourbon County was in the red the weekend of the State Championships.  It got moved from the Horsepark because of events they had going on and HP just didn't want the extra people.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rebel said:

My son is the Cross Country coach and he told me that Bourbon County was in the red the weekend of the State Championships.  It got moved from the Horsepark because of events they had going on and HP just didn't want the extra people.  

Thanks for the clarification. Had heard a couple different stories on the move. 

• Like 2