Dixie 35 Campbell County 14

theguru

So curious what the call was on that final play?  Clearly, a young man got in to play that is a "special" circumstance as the whole team and crowd went nuts when he as introduced.

I assume it was because his progress was stopped before he was stripped of the ball.

-CardinalsFan

14 minutes ago, CardinalsFan said:

So curious what the call was on that final play?  Clearly, a young man got in to play that is a "special" circumstance as the whole team and crowd went nuts when he as introduced.

I assume it was because his progress was stopped before he was stripped of the ball.

-CardinalsFan

They blew the play dead.  In reality it was really close but practically speaking probably the right thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

They blew the play dead.  In reality it was really close but practically speaking probably the right thing to do.

Agreed.  I, too, believe this was one of those situations where you bring the young man/woman in to get a chance to have a special moment.  I'm glad the officials blew it dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CardinalsFan said:

-CardinalsFan

Yes the kid with "Special" Circumstances was a senior. I was curious why the Campbell kid took the ball. A timeout was clearly called to let Campbell know about the special nature of that play. Was a very mouthy chippy post game as the teams were exiting the field from what I could tell from the stands. That could have gotten out of hand quick. Good job by both staffs to keep the teams separated. There had to have been a miscommunication, I don't think the Campbell kid would have done that purposely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogstooth said:

Yes the kid with "Special" Circumstances was a senior. I was curious why the Campbell kid took the ball. A timeout was clearly called to let Campbell know about the special nature of that play. Was a very mouthy chippy post game as the teams were exiting the field from what I could tell from the stands. That could have gotten out of hand quick. Good job by both staffs to keep the teams separated. There had to have been a miscommunication, I don't think the Campbell kid would have done that purposely.

Funny you say this.  I thought the same watching the livestream, but just as it began to get interesting they moved the camera back to mid-field.  I wonder if the Dixie players were upset by the last play not being communicated well?  I can see why that would bother them.  Might be a bogus thought, but something to think about.

• Like 1