West Carter at Martin County Predictions/Updates - Canceled

Pacman69

• theguru changed the title to West Carter at Martin County Predictions/Updates
26 minutes ago, Pacman69 said:

How so?

I can't answer for VoR, but I agree with him. A top 5 team should manhandle Martin County this year. They lost to Magoffin County (an average team) by 48. 

Calpreps projects West Carter to win 52-3. Anytime Calpreps projects a margin that wide, that's a strong indicator of the discrepancy in quality between the two teams. 

28 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I can't answer for VoR, but I agree with him. A top 5 team should manhandle Martin County this year. They lost to Magoffin County (an average team) by 48. 

Calpreps projects West Carter to win 52-3. Anytime Calpreps projects a margin that wide, that's a strong indicator of the discrepancy in quality between the two teams. 

You make a good point. I’ll admit I don’t know much about Martin County this year. I won’t even get to make the game Friday. From the comments I’ve seen on this post though, I now feel like the comets should definitely win by more than my original prediction which is fine by me!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pacman69 said:

You make a good point. I’ll admit I don’t know much about Martin County this year. I won’t even get to make the game Friday. From the comments I’ve seen on this post though, I now feel like the comets should definitely win by more than my original prediction which is fine by me!

When that district came together before last season, I really expected it to be very competitive with West Carter being in contention for a district title most years. Either I overestimated the other schools, or I underestimated West Carter. 

1 minute ago, DevilMayCare said:

When that district came together before last season, I really expected it to be very competitive with West Carter being in contention for a district title most years. Either I overestimated the other schools, or I underestimated West Carter. 

I expect it to be much more competitive in 2021 and 2022.