Sign in to follow this  
bugatti

Western Conference Finals (Lakers vs. Nuggets)

The Lakers are up 2-0. Last night's game was tremendous down the stretch as Jokic nearly single handily willed his team to victory scoring the last eleven Denver points, but AD was not to be denied nailing a three pointer at the buzzer to win. Mason Plumlee got lost and left Davis wide open. 

Sometimes it just seems it is meant to be. In the fourth quarter alone KCP hits an awkward baseline three pointer, Rondo hits a step back three pointer, and AD hits another step back three pointer... all three of them as the shot clock is expiring. 

h/t to LeBron for chucking up an air ball that went out of bounds and turning over the ball twice on drives to get the Nuggets back in the game 😉

The Lakers roster is still incredibly flawed. When Caruso and KCP are your two guards taking make or break shots having to play crunch time mintues, that isn't good. Obviously that is negated by having 2 of the top 4 players in the league.

I can't wait to not recognize this championship. 😂

53 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You and me both. 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bugatti said:

You and me both. 😁

My man!

On 9/21/2020 at 12:59 PM, TheDeuce said:

It's times like this we need the dislike button back. 

Unrelated: Someone in an NBA group I scroll occasionally mentioned that the NBA is going away from the "Conference" portion of "Western/Eastern Conference Finals." I have a feeling we're not far off from seeded playoffs, regardless of conference. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

It's times like this we need the dislike button back. 

Unrelated: Someone in an NBA group I scroll occasionally mentioned that the NBA is going away from the "Conference" portion of "Western/Eastern Conference Finals." I have a feeling we're not far off from seeded playoffs, regardless of conference. 

At least now things seem more balanced, but yeah, I could see it happening. We went through a solid 15+ years with 2, maybe 3 good teams in the East annually, and 7-10 good Western conference teams.

32 minutes ago, bugatti said:

At least now things seem more balanced, but yeah, I could see it happening. We went through a solid 15+ years with 2, maybe 3 good teams in the East annually, and 7-10 good Western conference teams.

Things seem more balanced because LeBron doesn't own the East anymore. There's a case to be made that he transferred ownership to the West though. For all the talk of how tough the West is, look where LeBron is... Again...

Just now, SnottieDrippen said:

Things seem more balanced because LeBron doesn't own the East anymore. There's a case to be made that he transferred ownership to the West though. For all the talk of how tough the West is, look where LeBron is... Again...

Sure, but let's be 100. If it was a team worthy of competing each year it was because LeBron stacked it with arguably the three best players in the East at the time. The times he drug "subpar" rosters to the Finals, they were getting annihilated against the West (2 sweeps and and 2 gentleman's sweeps) and his teams would have been just another team in the West. And aside from the time the Heat played OKC when Durant and crew were all 23 and under, his two wins were in seven game epic battles.

20 hours ago, bugatti said:

Sure, but let's be 100. If it was a team worthy of competing each year it was because LeBron stacked it with arguably the three best players in the East at the time. The times he drug "subpar" rosters to the Finals, they were getting annihilated against the West (2 sweeps and and 2 gentleman's sweeps) and his teams would have been just another team in the West. And aside from the time the Heat played OKC when Durant and crew were all 23 and under, his two wins were in seven game epic battles.

Ya know what? You're right. LeBron is just a league-average player at best and his teammates carried him to his three Finals victories and MVPs.

Beating the Warriors was a fluke because Draymond, the real GOAT, didn't play in game six, and Ray Allen is the only reason the Heat beat the Spurs in seven, and KD, Russ, and Harden hadn't been out of diapers long enough to be a serious contender in an NBA Finals.

Then you add that JJ Barea shut him down all series in '11, and Kawhi locked him up to the tune of 28/8/4 on a pedestrian 57% from the floor and 51% from 3 en route to a Finals MVP. 

And let's not forget the three losses to GS. They would have beaten him without KD too! 

I finally see it. LeBron is a bum. 

Nuggets in 6.

16 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

Ya know what? You're right. LeBron is just a league-average player at best and his teammates carried him to his three Finals victories and MVPs.

Beating the Warriors was a fluke because Draymond, the real GOAT, didn't play in game six, and Ray Allen is the only reason the Heat beat the Spurs in seven, and KD, Russ, and Harden hadn't been out of diapers long enough to be a serious contender in an NBA Finals.

Then you add that JJ Barea shut him down all series in '11, and Kawhi locked him up to the tune of 28/8/4 on a pedestrian 57% from the floor and 51% from 3 en route to a Finals MVP. 

And let's not forget the three losses to GS. They would have beaten him without KD too! 

I finally see it. LeBron is a bum. 

Nuggets in 6.

Now you're getting it. 😉

Don't be dramatic. LeBron is in the convo to be on basketball's Mount Rushmore. His presence alone can tilt a conference, but let's not act as if teams 2-10 in the East were on par with 2-10 in the West. He joined Miami and they had arguably three of the top four players in the East. That's not a knock, it's reality. More power to him for making it happen.

Enjoy #4.

(Great hypothetical. Would LeBron have more rings had he stayed in Miami?)

Game 4 is tonight and we get to see if this will be a series. I know the Nuggets have come from 3-1 down the past two rounds, but that ain't happening against the Lakers. I still can't get over AD registering 0 rebounds the first 37 minutes he played on Tuesday night. Game 3 was bizarre.

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Now you're getting it. 😉

Don't be dramatic. LeBron is in the convo to be on basketball's Mount Rushmore. His presence alone can tilt a conference, but let's not act as if teams 2-10 in the East were on par with 2-10 in the West. He joined Miami and they had arguably three of the top four players in the East. That's not a knock, it's reality. More power to him for making it happen.

Enjoy #4.

(Great hypothetical. Would LeBron have more rings had he stayed in Miami?)

Dramatic is my baseline. Two years of arguably a top three player in Wade, but Bosh was not on that level. Love either. 

I don't think he and Spoelstra could have coexisted long enough to win more. 

Sign in to follow this