No Fans Allowed

swamprat

As part of an open letter posted on the USF website about the status of athletics at the university, the Vice President of Athletics, Micheal Kelly announced that no fans will be allowed to attend the season opener against The Citadel at Raymond James Stadium. 

Season ticket holders have been given the option to credit their season tickets to next year, donate the amount paid to the Bulls Club Athletic Fund, or receive a refund. 

Single game tickets will be made available for purchase for the conference games, the first on October 10 against ECU. Season ticket holders will get first dibs based on priority points. Any remaining tickets will be made available to the general public. No number of seats available for purchase has been set, but I can't imagine it being very many. 

It seems like a waste to open and light up Ray Jay for The Citadel game. Why not make sure the kickoff is at 1 or 2 pm and play it on a practice field or in the soccer stadium on campus? There is nothing like an empty NFL stadium to make you feel right at home. 

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2020/8/27/general-michael-kelly-open-letter-8-27-20.aspx

The Bull and Bucs will be limited to 14,000 seats. The seats will be sold in pods of 1 to 6 seats. 

The USF tickets go on sale the on the 8th. Season ticket holders will be assigned access to the USF ticket site and phone sales in time slots determined by priority points. I think the Bucs are doing the same. Their first home game is on the September 20th.  

19 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

As a season ticket holder, I can select between two different three-game packages: WKU, Florida State and Syracuse, or Miami, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest. The remaining funds will be carried over to my tickets for next season. 

Seems like a pretty good plan. Which game package are you choosing?

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Seems like a pretty good plan. Which game package are you choosing?

I'm going with WKU, FSU and Cuse. That package includes two guaranteed night games (WKU and Cuse), with FSU possibly being at night as well.

Plus in the second package, the Wake game is December 5th, and I can't imagine any scenario where I'm excited about going to a game against Wake in December. 😂

• Like 2

Given the limitation on seats and the distance seating requirements, USF cancelled all season ticket for this season and the 3 options were given the season ticket holders (transfer the tickets to next season, donate the amount paid to the Bulls Club, or get a refund). They started selling single game tickets, which can be purchase for all games, to the season ticket holders, last Tuesday, access given by priority points. 

I checked yesterday and Tuesday and I did not see any tickets for sale in my USF ticket account.

This shows you where I stand 🙂. I got the following text right at 9:00 this morning... 

Good Morning Bulls Fan! This is Madison with USF Athletics. Your pre-sale starts NOW for single game tickets for this year! Tickets can be purchased online through your USF Account Manager.

If you would like to purchase single game tickets through me, reply YES or call my cell phone at 813-XXX-XXXX. GO BULLS! spacer.png

I now can see tickets available for sale for each game in my online account.

I didn't take any pictures of the crowd Saturday night, but I feel like UofL did a pretty good job filling in the spaces in the available seating to make it look less empty. The atmosphere was honestly better than I expected, especially considering the rain. 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, TheDeuce said:

I didn't take any pictures of the crowd Saturday night, but I feel like UofL did a pretty good job filling in the spaces in the available seating to make it look less empty. The atmosphere was honestly better than I expected, especially considering the rain. 

I watched the condensed WKU/UofL game last night on youtube while eating dinner. From what shots they showed of the crowd it looked like more than what was allowed, though I knew better. How do you judge anything like that, anyway. It sounded like there were quite a few there, too. Topic for another thread, UofL's kicking game. 

6 minutes ago, swamprat said:

I watched the condensed WKU/UofL game last night on youtube while eating dinner. From what shots they showed of the crowd it looked like more than what was allowed. I sounded like there were quite a few there, too. Topic for another thread, UofL's kicking game. 

Announced attendance was under 12k. The upper deck was completely closed, no one was up there. Where we were looked similar to the spacing everywhere else in the stadium, and the closest people to us were at least ten feet away, so it felt comfortable.