States Electing For Spring Football

44 minutes ago, CoachBuckett said:

I am against football being played in the spring. For couple reasons 

1. Turn around from Spring to Fall is short. Injury recovery window is small. I think we may put kids at risk.

2. Some Seniors may not want play fear of risking injury and short recovery time to get ready for next level.

3. Kid that may graduate in Winter will miss senior season.  

Number 1 is the one that worries me the most.  You’d almost have to push back/shorten 2021’s season if football does get moved to spring. Push to get the spring season done by mid May, then start 2021 in Mid August and I’d think maybe things could work out.

I don’t know that number two is a huge issue.  Only about 5% of Hs football players play at the next level, and only a tiny number at a level where they’d truly be risking something.  Playing in the spring is a much better option for the 95% who’d rather not lose their last chance to play organized football.

Same with point 3.  I’ve known very few kids who graduate early, and the few who have have did it to enroll early and be able to participate in spring ball for college. Those kids really won’t benefit much from another year of HS ball anyway as they are typically elite players. You have maybe a handful of kids who do that in this  state. No reason to hold up an entire season for a handful of kids.

if it’s spring football or No football, spring is certainly the better option.

• Like 2