Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry @ Highlands 12/12 thoughts?

Featured Replies

An early test for the Bluebirds.

Lenhof/Simpson should be fun to watch. I think Kuebbing and/or Rechtin will have a big game and St. Henry will own the boards.

 

St. H 55

HHS 43

You think St. Henry will own the boards? Have you seen HHS' front line? I am guessing Wise 6'8 (footballer), Stein 6'2 (footballer), Kruse 6'6 will be able to handle the Crusaders. Maybe someone that saw the Birds vs. Newport can give more info on their board presence.

 

Lenhoff is who I am interested in seeing play. They better have someone that can stop Nic Simpson....Does St Henry have a shut down defender?

The Cru should take of business. Highlands is always a good defensive team so the key for St. Henry is going to be limiting turnovers. But I think St. Henry is just as good defensively and better offensively. Should be interesting but I'll go with the CRU.

 

St. Henry 62

Highlands 53

You think St. Henry will own the boards? Have you seen HHS' front line? I am guessing Wise 6'8 (footballer), Stein 6'2 (footballer), Kruse 6'6 will be able to handle the Crusaders. Maybe someone that saw the Birds vs. Newport can give more info on their board presence.

 

Lenhoff is who I am interested in seeing play. They better have someone that can stop Nic Simpson....Does St Henry have a shut down defender?

 

Tyler Feldhaus is a very good defender. He is fast and has a good set of quick hands. Ask CovCath. Has Wise grown. He never was close to 6'8" last year. I don't know about the other two you mentioned but if so, Highlands has the biggest team in the region.

Wise is 6'8..and built like a man...Kruse is thin but a long 6'6 and Stein is a ROCK at 6'2.....I don't think the game plan is going to be to bang with the Birds... I think St. Henry is going to try to beat them on the perimeter and they seem to have good shooters so they may do it.

  • Author

Simpson and McGraw really play well together. They both see the floor really well.

You think St. Henry will own the boards? Have you seen HHS' front line? I am guessing Wise 6'8 (footballer), Stein 6'2 (footballer), Kruse 6'6 will be able to handle the Crusaders. Maybe someone that saw the Birds vs. Newport can give more info on their board presence.

 

Lenhoff is who I am interested in seeing play. They better have someone that can stop Nic Simpson....Does St Henry have a shut down defender?

 

That is why I think this will be an interesting matchup-- despite HHS's height, I still think St. Henry's big men (Kuebbing, Rechtin) will own the boards due to their mixture of anticipation, athleticism, and coordination.

 

Lenhof and Simpson is an excellent match because Lenhof as a shooting advantage while Simpson has an athletic advantage.

Wise is 6'8..and built like a man...Kruse is thin but a long 6'6 and Stein is a ROCK at 6'2.....I don't think the game plan is going to be to bang with the Birds... I think St. Henry is going to try to beat them on the perimeter and they seem to have good shooters so they may do it.

C'mon, 6'-8"???? This sounds more like it.

 

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Player.mxp/Kentucky/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_06-07/AreaID-4381da0e-c342-49b8-9319-27c5a47edf5b/SchoolID-50791d25-cf12-4df6-899d-66cc1fca3b31/AthleteID-67a76e88-2f2f-43f8-a827-014523c2de8f

 

 

Ok, now that Maxpreps confirms 6'5 I will concede :rolleyes:

 

6'8 is probably stretching it... I will retract that... but 6'6 is more like it rather than 6'5. Plus, he is cut up pretty good and solid.

Wise is 6'6" and Kruse is 6'8" They arent the main contributers, McGraw and Stein get most of the boards

Who has Highlands played? Beat? St. Henry already has already played 5 games, has Highlands played more than 2. That might be a large advantage, having more game experience this season.

  • Author

Highlands has played 1 game, beating Newport by 20 or so. Good passing and good defense.

Who has Highlands played? Beat? St. Henry already has already played 5 games, has Highlands played more than 2. That might be a large advantage, having more game experience this season.

 

HHS will need a few more games to get into the flow and work out their first 7-8 players I am sure. This is alwasys the advantage of the ST. Henry as they don't have football so they can get more early games and more preparation.

what are the starters looking like for highlands??

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.