NKY Enquirer Coach's Poll??

New coach's poll released this morning is as follows (last week's rankings in parentheses):

1a--CovCath (1)

1b--Holmes (2)

3---Holy Cross (5)

4---Simon Kenton (3)

5---Highlands (6)

6---Brossart (3)

7a--Ryle (6)

7b--St. Henry (9)

9---Scott (NR)

10--NewCath (7)

Some interesting moves, despite little local action?? Some questions....

No arguement on the top two, although both playing short handed!!

HC moves from #5 to #3 by going 1-1??

SK goes 2-0 and drops from #3 to #4??

Brossart wins their opener and drops from #3 to # 6?

Highlands doesn't play and moves up to #5??

Agree with Scott moving into the top ten, despite two losses!!

I know it's early, and the fans probably take these things more seriously than the coaches that vote on them, but I'm curious what other think??

This is how I would rank them:

1---Holmes

2----CovCath

3---Simon Kenton

4---Brossart

5---Holy Cross

6---Highlands

7--- St. Henry

8--- Scott

9---NewCath

10--Ryle

:thumb: I agree with this ranking. Holmes, CCH, SK and Brossart are in a class by themselves and the rest are all pretty even. There will be a lot of changes in #'s 5-10 throughout the year.

New coach's poll released this morning is as follows (last week's rankings in parentheses):

1a--CovCath (1)

1b--Holmes (2)

3---Holy Cross (5)

4---Simon Kenton (3)

5---Highlands (6)

6---Brossart (3)

7a--Ryle (6)

7b--St. Henry (9)

9---Scott (NR)

10--NewCath (7)

Some interesting moves, despite little local action?? Some questions....

No arguement on the top two, although both playing short handed!!

HC moves from #5 to #3 by going 1-1??

SK goes 2-0 and drops from #3 to #4??

Brossart wins their opener and drops from #3 to # 6?

Highlands doesn't play and moves up to #5??

Agree with Scott moving into the top ten, despite two losses!!

I know it's early, and the fans probably take these things more seriously than the coaches that vote on them, but I'm curious what other think??

I was laughing when I saw the poll. First only 8 coaches voted so that may have something to do with the "shake-up".

I guess Brossart didn't impress with the 11 point win over the Grove but then where is the ranking love for the Big Trains? Also NCC did not play and dropped to #10 from #7. Maybe it was the 34 they gave up to Danville. Holy Cross made the big leap by only losing to LexCath by 16 I guess. I'm guessing it will be better as the season goes on.

I was laughing when I saw the poll. First only 8 coaches voted so that may have something to do with the "shake-up".

I guess Brossart didn't impress with the 11 point win over the Grove but then where is the ranking love for the Big Trains? Also NCC did not play and dropped to #10 from #7. Maybe it was the 34 they gave up to Danville. Holy Cross made the big leap by only losing to LexCath by 16 I guess. I'm guessing it will be better as the season goes on.

Not surprized by BB's drop, but I think some will discover the Grove is a little better than advertised, and it was at the Train Station with 50+ fouls called. The head-scratchers to me are HC's big jump after going 1-1, and Highlands move up despite not starting their season yet; and NCC and SK's drops, despite SK going 2-0, and NCC doing nothing but winning a state championship?? (OK it was in football :D )