Louisville 87 Miami 74

Getslow

Cards open with a road conference win.

Louisville had it out to 72-40 at one point when Mack decided to put it in cruise control (like he does).

Jordan Nwora led the Cards with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Stephen Enoch had 12 points and 11 rebounds.

Samuel Williamson is the real deal and will only get better as this season goes on. Really liked what I saw out of him at times.

Perry and Kimble combined for 9 points and 7 assists. The point guard spot was the primary question mark going into this season and that question still has to be answered.

David Johnson and Malik Williams are both still out with injuries.

In the end, it's Nov. 6 and UofL is already 1-0 in the ACC. I'll take it.

I don't know how I feel about the early season conference lineup the ACC is doing, but whatever.

I know exactly how I feel about it... I hate it.

November is supposed to be fun, not the depressing slog of January and February where you're living and dying with every game.

They're taking the fun out of my November to try and sell TV subscriptions.

I know exactly how I feel about it... I hate it.

November is supposed to be fun, not the depressing slog of January and February where you're living and dying with every game.

They're taking the fun out of my November to try and sell TV subscriptions.

In between the lines that was exactly what I was trying to say :D

After being down 16-9 early, the Cards took control and dominated the game. The defense will come and they will be able to score points especially if Williamson progresses throughout the year. Getting David Johnson and Malik Williams back will only help, especially on the defensive end.

Letting the lead dwindle doesn't bother me that much... He had four freshmen in the game. Now, if it becomes a thing like it was last season, I won't like it as much. They definitely lacked that killer instinct last season, hopefully that develops with this years squad.

A dominant win. One that the score didn't really indicate how the game went down. That being said, I won't lie, if I wasn't thinking about, when the lead was high, about the times that they squandered the leads in the past.

This team's upside potential is huge. But it's one where they can't let up. There is no one that is above complacency.