Highlands 2 Covington Catholic 2 (Highlands 2-1 PK) (9th Regional Final)

Tonight at 7:30 at Dixie CovCath and Highlands play their third game against each other in 24 hours -- and this one for a trophy and the right to keep playing.

I think Highlands is too much in this one, their back-line is far superior to CovCath's attackers, and I expect a 1-0 or 2-0 Birds' victory.

Someone change my mind, please!

Highlands won in a shootout. CCH had to come from a 2-0 deficit to tie and send to overtime. Highlands wins the shootout after a scoreless overtime. Great game. Didn't understand the referee needing to have conversations as the clock ticked time away (especially in overtime). I am sure both teams would have liked the time to play. At one point during a Highlands penalty kick two opposing players were jockeying for position and instead of doing anything he walked over, bent over and just stared at them, making everyone wait as he just watched, not saying anything to anyone. I don't know if anyone has an explanation. Sad for either team to lose. Congrats to CCH, especially the seniors. You represented well. Good luck in all you do in the future. Congrats and good luck to the Bluebirds!