Is there a cool chill in the air for UK B-Ball?

Brewsky

I think they are back on track....This year may be a little up and down, but I think they'll be a top 20 team this year. As long as Morris comes back next year, this team will be a legit top 5-10 team next season.

FWIW, I too will continue to support the Cats regardless of their record.

I don't see Morris as being ready for the NBA after this season, but he may see it differently.

I think UK basketball is very exciting right now. We have 4 freshmen who should be great players. We arent going to lose anyone who will be hard to replace in any way IF Morris comes back.

I really felt like our players played very hard the other night. As long as the effort and focus is there I will be happy, but if we get blown out Saturday then I will definitly become a lot more critical about what is going on.

I will always support my Cats, but the level of performance this year is down tremendously from traditional UK standards. Not being a top 25 team at this point, and not playing like one. We will build off some wins and have a good year IMO, but I think we will see ugly games vs the likes of North Carolina, Louisville, Florida, and perhaps even LSU. I'm hoping we can get a win in some of these, however, Kentucky basketball is no longer on the same level as these programs, and that is sad. Although we may have a good chance at the IU and UL games, the other three mentioned will be tough I think. Hopefully the Cats can prove me wrong and as well as the rest of the country and pull out a win against a UNC or Florida. A win like that would get our program back in the right direction, but so far were not showing that we are still on that level to play with those guys.

Surely you did not say Louisville....See, little things like that make people look terrible, Louisville is TERRIBLE and you are putting them in the same breathe as the 2 previous national champs. They went to the NIT last year for crying out loud, and lost to a lowly Dayton team this year. Come on dolamite...

I will always support the Kentucky Wildcats!!! This little down period can be solved by one word. RECRUITING CONSISTENTLY. Sorry two words. Good Jr. and Freshman classes. Sr. and Soph. not so good. Can't be a top 10 team every year with spotty recruiting.

Surely you did not say Louisville....See, little things like that make people look terrible, Louisville is TERRIBLE and you are putting them in the same breathe as the 2 previous national champs. They went to the NIT last year for crying out loud, and lost to a lowly Dayton team this year. Come on dolamite...

You don't undertsand. It's not Louisville is that good, because their not. But have you ever watched a UK/UL game? It doesn't matter if Kentucky was the number one team in the nation and Louisville was unranked, not to mentioned the game was at Rupp, its always a tough game when UK/UL hook up. That is why they were mentioned in the same breath being sometimes rivalry games are tougher than games against those at the top. BTW, you must not have read my post all the way, I said I think we will have a couple games we can win in IU and UL however like said, you never know in rivalry games.