Rockcastle County 2007?

Don't worry the ROCK will rebuild and reload. I see the guy's that are left to play next year hit the weight room and build more on their speeds. I have faith in the ROCK so IMO I see ROCK making a bigger comeback in years to come they have plenty of talent moving up.

Rockcastle will be competitive next year. They do lose a lot of key players but like the above mentioned stated they have plenty of talent moving up. Coach Larkey and his staff do an excellent job year in and year out getting the most out of the players they have. I dont expect them to be a truely serious threat for a State Title next year but dont overlook them!

Rockcastle will be competitive next year. They do lose a lot of key players but like the above mentioned stated they have plenty of talent moving up. Coach Larkey and his staff do an excellent job year in and year out getting the most out of the players they have. I dont expect them to be a truely serious threat for a State Title next year but dont overlook them!

Rock's biggest rival, Bell County returns nearly their entire team. Five starting Seniors graduate. Brent Slusher will be a big loss, but overall Bell's defense will still be good. Bell loses very little on offense: QB Nelson returns for his fourth year as starter. TR Christopher, Senior RB will be in his third year as starter. Spencer Greer has emerged as a force. The rivalry continues, and Bell will certainly be looking to avenge the two losses in '06 by a total of 17 points. Larkey and Hilton will continue the "chess match" in '07. With the realignment, many of the strong opponents up the ladder will be in other classes than 4-A. The winner of the Bell/Rockcastle duel will have a much better road to the carpet than ever before IMO.

Rock's biggest rival, Bell County returns nearly their entire team. Five starting Seniors graduate. Brent Slusher will be a big loss, but overall Bell's defense will still be good. Bell loses very little on offense: QB Nelson returns for his fourth year as starter. TR Christopher, Senior RB will be in his third year as starter. Spencer Greer has emerged as a force. The rivalry continues, and Bell will certainly be looking to avenge the two losses in '06 by a total of 17 points. Larkey and Hilton will continue the "chess match" in '07. With the realignment, many of the strong opponents up the ladder will be in other classes than 4-A. The winner of the Bell/Rockcastle duel will have a much better road to the carpet than ever before IMO.

Not to be picky, but they don't play on carpent anymore, do they? They play at Papa John's Stadium and isn't it grass? Just wondering.

I do expect Bell to be our toughest test next year, as they are most years. Especially considering the number of seniors that we had this year.

Won't they have to play Lexington Catholic or Boyle County in the 3rd Round?

That would appear to be true, but the number of strong teams does not feature Highlands, Johnson Central, Ashland, Covington Catholic, Bowling Green, etc. Sheer numbers make the next level game with Lex Cath or Boyle as the major obstacle.

Is this true? I don't know exactly how the playoffs will work next year. There will still be 5 total rounds right? If so, wouldn't district 7 play district 8 in the 3rd round, like this year? Or are they changing that format too?

Is this true? I don't know exactly how the playoffs will work next year. There will still be 5 total rounds right? If so, wouldn't district 7 play district 8 in the 3rd round, like this year? Or are they changing that format too?

There are still 5 rounds, but according to the KHSAA website, district 5 plays district 8 and district 6 plays district 7 in the 3rd round. That would pit LexCath or Boyle County against Rockcastle or Bell

There are still 5 rounds, but according to the KHSAA website, district 5 plays district 8 and district 6 plays district 7 in the 3rd round. That would pit LexCath or Boyle County against Rockcastle or Bell

That would mean that possibly three of the top four teams in 4-A next year could be elimated prior to the semi's..Great reorganization KHSAA!!