Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7

I certainly see running through the district and being a major contender in the State. Beechwood isn't the team they have been. NCC's line is well above average. That is both Oline and Dline. NCC has talent in the skill positions as well. Ranked number 5 in 1A is a great place to be. Beating Campbell County and going toe to toe with Cooper will only make them better. I stick by what I said and I look forward to watching them this season.

If NCC doesn’t run through 1A there is a problem. NCC played a good game.

Let’s put this into perspective though. Cooper’s offense hasn’t even come out of the blocks yet. If and when Cooper gets the offense going, they can cause problems for many teams on this schedule. What is going to be interesting is when everyone doubles up Lee and then they realize there are several other weapons available.

Cooper defense is playing well. Better tackling and some more physical play from guys and they will be a real force to deal with.

NCC will have a great season. They battled Friday night. Best of luck to both teams.

I'm not convinced Coopers offense will come out of the blocks. I'm sure they will find some footing, but they are a two man show. Dixie gave a blue print for how to contain them and it shows after NCC did the exact same thing. I think by giving too much credit to their offense, you ignore a really good defensive team that held a very underrated Dixie Offense, and NCC team to two low scores.

In my earlier post I pointed out how strong the defense looks. NCC had no answer for 72 Dominic Rulli. Roster says he is just a junior. He will be fun to watch all year.

The defense is keeping them in games and one could argue winning games.

The offense will have to improve. I'm not giving any credit to the offense at all - yet. If they find the way to move the ball … first downs and longer drives while still keeping the deep big play threat … they will be a force.

Curious, you mentioned a 2 man show. What two?

Please define "run through 1A". If you are talking about their district, probably yes but Ludlow will not be a pushover. if you are talking about running to a state title in 1A, the answer is no. NCC is ranked #5 in 1A and that is probably about right based on what we have seen so far.

Ludlow may not be as good as they were the last few seasons, and even then they didn't give Beechwood really any kind of game. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Ludlow or anyone in that district keeping it close with NCC this year at least. NCC has a real nice mix of speed and size this season.

I think much like how Beechwood benefitted as a program once Mayfield and others left 1A. Which allowed Beechwood a much easier time to get back to winning state titles and talked of highly after people started doubting them. The same will happen for NCC. They should be right there in the mix to win it all.