Bourbon County 31 Great Crossing 0 (Scrimmage)

The Colonels, under new Coach David Jones, dominated on both sides of the ball and ended up winning the varsity portion of the scrimmage 17-0. The JV Colonels scored twice during a 10-plays for both teams scrimmage in the fourth quarter.

GC had a ton of players and some nice size but you could tell they were a new football program that was just getting started. But they brought a very nice crowd. Just give them some time.

As for Bourbon, heck, I love seeing former Louisville/Rutgers QB Kyle Bolin calling the offensive plays. The Colonels offense looked sharped at times but obviously, they still need some work. Their defense, however, flew to the ball and manhandled the Warhawks. I wouldn't sleep on the Colonels, despite their extremely tough district!

On a side note, Coach Jones has one of the best coaching staff and trainer in the state!

He’s from Bourbon County, I believe. Maybe played a year there then transferred to Lexington Catholic?

Kyle never played at Bourbon County but his brother Clay, who is also on the staff and went to Morehead/Louisville did, after transferring from Lafayette.