Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Practice

Featured Replies

Is there a limit or are there restrictions of any kind on summer practices held between spring practice and the dead period?

I'm fully aware of how it rolls after the dead period...basically just asking about what if anything can they do or not do, now.

Pretty much anything with the restrictions of not being able to compete with other schools and no equipment can be used/issued past a kid going to a camp. It’s not like basketball where they can play against other schools. There are teams playing 30 or so basketball games in June.

  • Author

I was just curious because I saw a team practicing in helmets.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

I was just curious because I saw a team practicing in helmets.

Yeah should be no helmets. I heard a team was running routes and working in helmets myself. Of course who is going to turn them in? How are they going to prove it? Would the KHSAA do anything about it?

It says in that link that helmets can be worn for safety reasons, but reads like it’s a judgement call, so probably tough to enforce that.

It appears helmets maybe worn due to the practice surface. So in the gym I think would qualify. Past that I think one is pushing the rule a little bit.

Can you play 7on7 in an out of state camp?

Can you play 7on7 in an out of state camp?

 

For the rules link that was posted.

 

There is no opportunity to engage an outside opponent in any manner.

 

No school can go out of state for 7 on 7. Now an AAU or travel team could but they wouldn’t be able to use school helmets. If they play in a 7 on 7 that uses the soft headgear they still couldn’t go as a school team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.