C.J. Coach's Poll: Top Teams and Players

I have a great idea for you tell us what you want us to do and we'll do our best to do it. I really don't know what you want us to do on the local level to show the respect you talk about.

Well, marooncat, in response to your query, let me make a suggestion. Since Rose Hill was last year's state runner-up, since the CJ poll has that team rated as the number three team in the Commonwealth for the coming season by the CJ poll, since two of the team's three all state tournament team members return, since both of these girls were all state last year, since these same two girls are rated in the CJ poll as the number three and number four players in the Commonwealth, since these two girls are two of the three leading candidates according to Cat's Pause for Miss Basketball, since both of these girls have signed major D-1 scholarship offers, since these two girls will finish their careers with over 5,000 points and 2,500 rebounds between them, since no other 16th Region team is listed as a top 25 team in the CJ poll, and since no other 16th Region player is listed among the top 25 players in that same poll, it would appear that, out of respect for what this team and these girls have accomplished and are predicted to accomplish, these two girls and only these two girls should grace the cover of the Daily Independent's girls's basketball publication.

I think, marooncat, that these two girls have obviously earned the honor as few, if any, have earned it in the past and, to answer your question, it would be a good place to start.

Well, marooncat, in response to your query, let me make a suggestion. Since Rose Hill was last year's state runner-up, since the CJ poll has that team rated as the number three team in the Commonwealth for the coming season by the CJ poll, since two of the team's three all state tournament team members return, since both of these girls were all state last year, since these same two girls are rated in the CJ poll as the number three and number four players in the Commonwealth, since these two girls are two of the three leading candidates according to Cat's Pause for Miss Basketball, since both of these girls have signed major D-1 scholarship offers, since these two girls will finish their careers with over 5,000 points and 2,500 rebounds between them, since no other 16th Region team is listed as a top 25 team in the CJ poll, and since no other 16th Region player is listed among the top 25 players in that same poll, it would appear that, out of respect for what this team and these girls have accomplished and are predicted to accomplish, these two girls and only these two girls should grace the cover of the Daily Independent's girls's basketball publication.

I think, marooncat, that these two girls have obviously earned the honor as few, if any, have earned it in the past and, to answer your question, it would be a good place to start.

How about the other three girls in the Daily Independent circulation area who have earned D1 scholarships?

Maybe they could be included.

BTW there maybe a couple players in this region who deserve to be in the Top 25 players also.

Couldn't have said it better, myself. The only thing I would add to this, after seeing Rose Hill's schedule, would be the refusal of local schools to play RH at home. For the state runner-up to have only 4 home games is a disgrace, and shows a thorough lack of respect from almost all area high school AD's. Not only no respect, but maybe a little contempt mixed with a lot of jealousy.

scooterbob my response was to Royal Uncle about the lack of respect locally. If I was to dig out last years ADI preview Rose Hill was on the cover I guess thats not enough respect. Queen and Terry both have been on the front page of the sports section telling us about their college choices. As far as the schedule I looked at it and I saw a lot of tourneys they were playin in also a lot of open dats so they could a games if needed.

Well, marooncat, since you mention all the open dates, can we assume that your school will schedule home and home meetings this year? Or, how about at least a repeat of last year when you honored your game at home but wouldn't return the visit.

As for the publication I would assume that there is no quota system in regard to the cover. Surely, political correctness hasn't seeped into this, too.

Jay, my intent is not to demean the other scholarship recipients. I applaud them. My point is that we have two athletes who are by preseason predictions among the top three seniors in the whole state. Their accomplishments have brought a lot of good media coverage to this end of the state. No tandem and no individual at any local school remotely approach these two in bringing positive publicity in basketball from around the state to this area. Both you and I may think we have other girls (personally, I would have added Fortman) who deserve Top 25 listing. However, those who are supposed to be in the know (the coaches), seemed to disagree. If the shoe were on the other foot and the two primetimers were the two Russell girls, I'll bet you would see it as do I. The difference is that, if that were the case, I would agree with you. It is time that we recognize accomplishment rather than worry about being all inclusive. On the other hand, I feel sure that the local newspapeer will opt for inclusiveness over achievement. Do you suppose it will do the same for the boys?

EQUUS GREVYI, I got the information from the CJ website.

Well, marooncat, since you mention all the open dates, can we assume that your school will schedule home and home meetings this year? Or, how about at least a repeat of last year when you honored your game at home but wouldn't return the visit.

As for the publication I would assume that there is no quota system in regard to the cover. Surely, political correctness hasn't seeped into this, too.

Jay, my intent is not to demean the other scholarship recipients. I applaud them. My point is that we have two athletes who are by preseason predictions among the top three seniors in the whole state. Their accomplishments have brought a lot of good media coverage to this end of the state. No tandem and no individual at any local school remotely approach these two in bringing positive publicity in basketball from around the state to this area. Both you and I may think we have other girls (personally, I would have added Fortman) who deserve Top 25 listing. However, those who are supposed to be in the know (the coaches), seemed to disagree. If the shoe were on the other foot and the two primetimers were the two Russell girls, I'll bet you would see it as do I. The difference is that, if that were the case, I would agree with you. It is time that we recognize accomplishment rather than worry about being all inclusive. On the other hand, I feel sure that the local newspapeer will opt for inclusiveness over achievement. Do you suppose it will do the same for the boys?

EQUUS GREVYI, I got the information from the CJ website.

Fortman and Okoro have 2500 points and over 1300 rebounds. Pretty impressive.

It has never really been a concern as to who is on the esteemed daily Independent cover.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ah, marooncat, typical maroon response. I state factual information. I draw reasonable conclusions. You respond with impotent and baseless personal shots. When you people cannot rebut the argument, you always attack the messenger. Weak. I believe that, in legal lingo, I am entitled to a default judgment since you offer no defense whatsoever. Of course, that is because you have none.

How about the other three girls in the Daily Independent circulation area who have earned D1 scholarships?

Maybe they could be included.

BTW there maybe a couple players in this region who deserve to be in the Top 25 players also.

Jay, will Vanhoose be on the cover of the boy's issue?

Factual yes you are the only part that really bothers me is the personal shots that you haven taken over the years on Bluegrass. Do I see everything Maroon yes I do and I will till I am no longer on this earth. The true meaning of a fan is to stick with your team win or lose. Hopefully in Maroon land we will have a few more wins this year.